Whch teams are due for a uni change?

Saintsfan

Sorry, JQK but I am not seeing the NC/SC shapes in the logo at all.  That being said, I do agree with your position that it's a good logo.  The only thing I'd change on their uniforms is change the helmet striping and stick with silver pants for both uniforms.  And I think I'm in the minority here, but I can do without the blue alt jerseys.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...it took me a while to get to this. I will run down all MLB teams, with my suggestions (and one sacred cow dodged)

MLB (in standings order as of 09-12-03)

AL EAST:

Yankees: I'd burn this uniform to the ground and start over, but since so many people think it's perfect in every way, and all OTHER uniforms should strive to look just like it, I'm gonna skip it.

Red Sox: The Paw Sox have a beautiful blue alternate that the big club should adopt as a road alt.

Blue Jays: Other than the fake vest look of the road jersey, I really like the current Blue Jay's uni's...it will be interesting, to say the least, to see what next year holds.

Orioles: Restore the white trim to the black jerseys. Restore front (neck) piping to the black and road jerseys. Add an orange "sunday" jersey.

Devil Rays: First uniform was better. Restore purple and black as dominant scheme...drop "Devil" if you're scared of the bible thumpers, but for a team that came into the league in 1998, why have boring, old-looking uniforms?

AL CENTRAL

White Sox: lose the pinstripes (you SHOULD see a trend emerging here!)

Twins: Pinstriped road uniforms are the only thing that sucks worse than pinstriped home uniforms!

Royals: I generally don't like drop shadow lettering, but they do a nice job of it. Add black trim to the blue alternate.

Cleveland: Make the NOB consistent with the rest of the jersey and lose the drop shadow.

Detroit: Make the current home the Sunday alterrate. Do something with the word "Tigers" in blue and orange, or orange and blue on the home jersey. A blue alternate would be nice, as would a revival of the tiger in the d logo.

AL WEST:

A's: Elephant patch is lame. I miss the pachiderm in glasses patch.

Mariners: If you use pro-style numbers on two of you jerseys, you should use them on all three.

Angels: Ripe for a red alternate jersey.

Rangers: Need a new patch. I think by now we all know what the state flag of Texas looks like.

NL EAST:

Braves: Lose the fat, stupid football numbers. Get a blue alternate.

Marlins: Lose the pinstripes, put a number on the front of the alternates. Drop the "F" alternate and revive the teal one.

Phillies: Lose the pinstripes. Red (home) and blue (road) alternate jerseys. Blue road cap with red bill.

Expos: Lose the pinstripes. Red (home) and blue (road) alternate jerseys. Clean up script on jersey.

Mets: Lose the pinstripes.

NL CENTRAL:

Astros: Lose the pinstripes. Funny looking numbers are not always better looking numbers.

Cubs: Lose the pinstripes. Would love to see them revive the "Cubs" in large script as seen on the mid-90s road jersey.

Cardinals: Get some piping on these unis! Get a red alternate, based on last season's BP jersey, and a blue one for the road.

Pirates:Funny looking numbers are not always better looking numbers.

Reds: Lose the pinstripes. Your drop-shadow doesn't really work.

Brewers: Funny looking numbers sometimes work, NOB in unique typeface rarely does. Extend the underline all the way to the end of the "B".

NL WEST:

Giants: Bring back black alternates, using the Giants script employed on the BP jersey. Pro style numbers: You've used them before, and it won't hurt to go back.

Dodgers: You have a beautiful blue alternate jersey. Wear it!

Diamondbacks: Lose the pinstripes. Funny looking numbers sometimes work, NOB in unique typeface rarely does. "Arizona" front and number on all jerseys. Bring back the purple alternate. NOB in block letters.

Rockies: Lose the pinstripes. Lose the "CR" alternate. Bring back the black alternate, and keep the purple one. "Colorado" and "Rockies" in script would work really well.

Padres: Three-color "Padres", two-color back numbers and one-color front numbers on the blue alternate indicate that you either can't make up your mind, or ran out of money before you got the front number finished. Orange trimmed #s and letters would help the home jersey.

???

Wow... this guy is an uber-Modernist....

Well, i'd like to say that you are the first person i have ever disagreed with on EVERY point...

i can't wait to see the debates we will have...

:D  :P  :D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i'll be damned...I'M a freakin modernist and this is about the ONLY thing i agree with you on here.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

that would be interesting.  considering the only non-MLB team i've ever seen wear gray is the nets(and spurs if you count silver), i'd like to see a gray/pewter nfl jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

i'll be damned...I'M a freakin modernist and this is about the ONLY thing i agree with you on here.

Disc:

I went through the ENTIRE league and that's the ONLY thing you agree with? Some of my stuff was REALLY minor! :D

Wow... this guy is an uber-Modernist....

Well, i'd like to say that you are the first person i have ever disagreed with on EVERY point...

i can't wait to see the debates we will have...

:D:P:D

...I don't think I'm an uber-modernist...I'm not looking for all orange one piece boiler suits for the O's, or anything like that, and I think I'm gonna be irked by the new "Jays" unis, BUT...

it's a 162 game season, and the only thing I want to see less than 162 teams in gray playing 162 teams in white is 162 teams in gray PINSTRIPES playing 162 teams in white ones.

Lets see some COLOR, even if the color is black. :P

Disc:

I went through the ENTIRE league and that's the ONLY thing you agree with? Some of my stuff was REALLY minor! :D

i'm a cubs fan, all i've known on them is pinstriped whites and frequently changing grays. naturally, i will voice my opinion on any major change to the whites, that being over my dead body. i take it you and pinstripes are like Shark and a certain color. you woulda hated my high school's baseball unis then :;):

revisal: the orioles do need to bring back white trim to their black jersey lettering...also, bring orange lettering back to the homes, black lettering to the roads.  so two of 30 opinions...there's a start

2016cubscreamsig.png

Disc:

i'm a cubs fan, all i've known on them is pinstriped whites and frequently changing grays. naturally, i will voice my opinion on any major change to the whites, that being over my dead body. i take it you and pinstripes are like Shark and a certain color. you woulda hated my high school's baseball unis then :;):

revisal: the orioles do need to bring back white trim to their black jersey lettering...also, bring orange lettering back to the homes, black lettering to the roads. so two of 30 opinions...there's a start

OK...we're getting somewhere...AND you caught a point I missed. The O's do need to return to orange lettering on the home unis. I'm about 50-50 on black on orange for the roads, although it DOES open up the possibility of a very neat black on orange on black road alternate. I had a prototype of one of these made once, and it looked pretty sharp! :)

Oh, and BTW...I may hate pinstripes even MORE than Shark hates brown, and I agree with him on brown. :;):

after turning on the seahawks game, the seahawns, what ugly uniforms. They need to redo them again.

And, troph Cubs, Yankees no pinstripes whats wrong with you. I like Pinstripes if done right they look good.

Also, the chargers should not where powder blue, in fact no team should wear powder blue. It should be outlawed

NFL comments:

Bills: they arent as bad as everyone says. the dark jerseys would be perfect if they didnt have the red under-arm stripe. the whites.........oh boy. the big blue shoulder area is a disaster. and the res stripe should go. i think their helmets are among the best in the NFL though.

Jets: wear the green pants more often.

Cincinnati: didnt mind the all-black unis.

Cleveland: Love the orange unis and pants. but pleeease......dont wear them both at once. gotta love the logoless helmet

kansas city: think they'll try the all-red look this year? i'd bet on it

denver: adopt the orange alts as the primary coloured jersey....theres way too many blue jerseys in the league.

san diego: please......listen to everyone and bring back powder blue.

dallas: stick to one shade of silver.

carolina: the electric blue alts. are awesome. make them permanent.

detroit: the update works well.

atlanta: love the logo, love the pants, hate the jerseys. the sleeve patterns just dont make sense.

seattle: my favourite look in the entire NFL. their helmets are simply the best shade of blue ever invented.

st louis: i really hate those new blue pants. the stripes dont work well with the rest of the jersey.

arizona: ..........snooze.......

Minnesota: They are good, again, except for the "glittery" helmet. Go back to the basic purple helmet they had until 2 years ago.

nonono, the color actually matches the uniforms, granted they changed both of them  a little lighter, its much better.

uniforms in thier very definition is to match,  another reason i have no problem with the all-1-color look iin the nfl.  they do it in every other sport and its accepted. i dont  see why its so  blasphemous for nfl too

Archived