Joe Bosack Is At It Again

conesbeans

PantherLogo.gif

The L doesn't quite work for me, but that panther kicks ass.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I think that's pretty slick myself.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I don't understand why he's not getting more hi-profile jobs. It seems that 90% of the work he does is for schools no one has ever heard of.

Perhaps he has more freedom from these clients. Some big boys will paint you in a corner with "creative mandatories." I bet these small schools just set him loose.

Cards.png

Awesome work here. I don't like, however, how the paw in front of the L is facing left when the direction and motion of the body is clearly right. It bothers me on the Ti-Cats new logo by Dan Simon, and it bothers me on this one as well. It looks very awkward and disrupts the visual flow for my eyes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Awesome work here. I don't like, however, how the paw in front of the L is facing left when the direction and motion of the body is clearly right. It bothers me on the Ti-Cats new logo by Dan Simon, and it bothers me on this one as well. It looks very awkward and disrupts the visual flow for my eyes.

Really?

I think it makes the panther look more stable and tougher.

It gives the logo some meanness.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I wish i could just intern for Bosack so i can see how to do what he does.

I hope that one day i can be as good as he is.

And yes, i'm ass-kissing. Deal with it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Excellent logo, however it doesn't have a collegiate "feel." I like the panther, but the font and "L" do not match the image of a small liberal arts college's athletic dept.

Also, shouldn't the college and athletic department have the same logo? I don't like it when schools do this, and it seems to be the current trend.

Am I the only one in this group who feels that college logos should be classic and collegiate?

Arghhh... italicized fonts are ruining the visual college sport experience!

I don't understand why he's not getting more hi-profile jobs. It seems that 90% of the work he does is for schools no one has ever heard of.

Perhaps he has more freedom from these clients. Some big boys will paint you in a corner with "creative mandatories." I bet these small schools just set him loose.

Who cares. I would still rather see what he could do with some creative dorection from a university rather than some of the other collegiate work I've seen recently. His work is 10X better than other design firms I've seen do more recent college updates.

Reminds me a little of my fantasy baseball team's logo from this past year.

johnston_jaguars_02-02-05.gif

WhChoc helped me out with it. A proud, strong cat of the jungle tends to be portrayed similarly.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived