NFC Championship

xxvnyg80

I was walking down the street here in NYC and saw someone wearing an Eagles NFC Championship sweatshirt. I don't know if it was brought up but on teh logo it said "NFC Conference Champions" . So, read outloud it would be National football Conference Conference Champions. Do you think the NFL thought about that or is everyone just getting crazy with making everything shorter?

nygiants-1.png

That one must have slipped by NFL Properties' Department of Redundancies Department.

I have to wonder whether the shirt you saw was actually a licensed product or perhaps a bootleg item.

That one must have slipped by NFL Properties' Department of Redundancies Department.

I have to wonder whether the shirt you saw was actually a licensed product or perhaps a bootleg item.

Damn near everything you can buy in NYC is a bootleg.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It doesn't make any sense and there should have been a copy editor around to prevent that. Any grammer school English class will tell you it's redundant.

I think the same thing when I'm flipping through the channels on the MLB Extra Innings package and see "MLB Baseball."

It's the same as saying SAT Test. We're just full of 'em. NFL Football could be another.

Well, hold on a second. While it may be redundant, there is something to the matter of those being "brand names" in a sense. If i walk into a room and ask what kind of football is being watched, NFL football would be an appropriate response, differentiating it from NCAA football, CFL football, etc.

Are they awkward? Yes. Are they sometimes appropriate? Indeed.

Now, ATM machine, that's just wrong.

It's the same as saying SAT Test. We're just full of 'em. NFL Football could be another.

Well, hold on a second. While it may be redundant, there is something to the matter of those being "brand names" in a sense. If i walk into a room and ask what kind of football is being watched, NFL football would be an appropriate response, differentiating it from NCAA football, CFL football, etc.

If someone asks me what kind of football I'm watching, I'm more likely to say pro, NFL (not NFL football), college, or just simply a team (e.g. "the Broncos game"). I would never add "football" on to my response if someone asked me what kind of football I was watching. Just my two cents.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If someone asks me what kind of football I'm watching, I'm more likely to say pro, NFL (not NFL football), college, or just simply a team (e.g. "the Broncos game"). I would never add "football" on to my response if someone asked me what kind of football I was watching. Just my two cents.

Most people won't, but, at least in this case, they would be correct if they did.

Archived