Nfl jersey observations

puckcool22

They weren?t kidding when they said these were the new-look Bengals.

For the first time in team history, the club wore black plants when they opened the Marvin Lewis era against the Broncos Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium. Lewis surprised his players Sunday morning in the locker room with the pants that featured orange tiger stripes running down the sides.

With their black jerseys, the Bengals opened the NFL season all in black, a design that players and fans have lobbied for nearly at least a decade.

But it?s not a permanent change. While Lewis and the team considers uniform changes for next season, the NFL allowed the Bengals to wear the black pants in two games this season and right now that other game looks to be the final game of the season at PBS against the Cleveland Browns.

-- official cinnci website

signature.gif

...it's official...the Cardinals did NOT change their White jerseys...they're the same as they have been since 1996.

...however - in case you hadn't heard - the Cardinals are now wearing the Red-topped socks with the Red pants now...Emmitt Smith went to upper management to request that they get rid of the the White socks with the Blue and Red stripes...

i saw clips of the lions game and boy do those jerseys look good on the field

also i dont like miami in all white, the aqua looks great when it is half the uniform, just like seahawks blue

in fact a solid color jersey is interesting once a season, but all whites are boring

signature.gif

The bengals have gone overboard with the tiger stripes.  I'm all for consistancy, but the helmet is nothing but tiger stripes, you've got tiger stripes on the jerseys and on the pants, too.

I'd make the helmet orange with a black facemask.  Put the Bengal Head logo (great logo) on the sides.

Leave the uniforms the same.  If the jerseys have the tiger stripes, fine, but let's not make it all crazy.

For the pants, have black pants and white pants, use with whatever jersey you want.  Make pant stripes match helmet stripes, if any.  

If no stripes, remove leaping bengal logo from jersey sleeves, and onto side of pants.  Then move shoulder #'s down to sleeves.

Their are just a few truely great helmets out there.

The Rams, the Bengals, and the Vikings are them. All have a design that would actually be seen on the head of their particular mascot. Not just a boring and unique logo. The Eagles, then the Seahawks, and maybe even the Browns get some props for being unique as well.

I never want to see the basic design of the Rams and Bengals helmets change. The Vikings doesn't stand out as incredible looking to me, but once again, I love the thought of it, so it would take a really good change to get passed me.

I swear an NFL rep must have a tap inside my head. :D I've been playing games in Madden with Cleveland in the orange pants and thinking "man those look awesome, they should bring em back". And low and behold, there they are. I hope they wear those with the Brown jerseys too. I had also recently been thinking about how the Bengals should try out black pants (though I know many people have) and they bust those out too. I think they looked pretty good. As for the Rams, I absolutely hate those navy pants, they are Patriots rip-offs, and they look like they're made to go with a jersey that has side stripes, which theirs obviously don't. As for the Titans, I like the powder blue look with the navy pants, but I don't think the pants stripe looks right with the rest of the scheme, it should be solid light blue maybe. Lastly, I'm really glad the Bears went back to thew navy pants on the road, even though it was their most dreadful showing in recent history.....

Those Bengals monocolor uniforms were bad and dumb.

Only the Bungles will decide to wear all balck in teh afternoon when its in the 80's :P

Of course the Browns Orange Pants are good and have many uses, as they can be seen for miles.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You know, I love those black pants on the Bengals.  It really makes the uniform look really cool and here's why.  It looks like there is inserts showing the player's bengal skin.  Just a perspective.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived