NFL Team Relocation Rumor Mill

TBGKon

Filing this under "Beggars can't be choosers".

San Antonio wants another major league team playing in the city. The Alamodome was built to lure any NFL team looking its way, scant numbers of superboxes and all.

They want the Saints because the Saints are bunking there for now, and Benson is a San Antonio guy. It's puppy love, it's a perfect fit... yadda yadda yadda.

For another hypothetical, what if Hurricane X came ashore and leveled Houston. The Texans move inland for a season. All of a sudden, we start hearing rumors that San Antonio wants the Texans. "Hey! They don't even hafta change their name!! OMG it's so frickin' perfect!"

Right now, the Saints and SA are slightly better than a marriage of convenience. If the Jaguars could be lured to San Antonio, the city would take them just as willingly. Jacksonville having an NFL team is more incomprehensible than New Orleans having one. Jacksonville would be as viable a candidate to move to San Antonio, LA, Portland, Toronto, Mexico City or Jakarta as the Saints are, and the NFL could pull this off without taking the HUGE PR hit of pulling a team out of a city that just lost everything. Tags checks all the angles on these things, and if you don't think that is a large sticking point with him, you're deluded.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For another hypothetical, what if Hurricane X came ashore and leveled Houston.

I'd be worried that the Nation Of Islam is horning in on the natural disaster market. This does not bode well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Think about it Gulf Coast Saints could work. Alot of people hated the idea of changing the Boston Patriots to the New England Patriots but it works and the team really does represent and is supported by all the New England states. If it helps keep the team in La then I'm down with it.

I disagree.

New England is an actual place. People soemtimes say "I'm going up to New England for the weekend."

The Gulf Coast ranges from TX to FL. It is too broad.

I've never heard anybody say that they're from the "Gulf Coast."

I live in California, and I say that I am from New England all the time.

Think about it Gulf Coast Saints could work. Alot of people hated the idea of changing the Boston Patriots to the New England Patriots but it works and the team really does represent and is supported by all the New England states. If it helps keep the team in La then I'm down with it.

I disagree.

New England is an actual place. People soemtimes say "I'm going up to New England for the weekend."

The Gulf Coast ranges from TX to FL. It is too broad.

I've never heard anybody say that they're from the "Gulf Coast."

I live in California, and I say that I am from New England all the time.

You're full of it.

I've heard people say "I'm from the Gulf Coast".

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Which abbreviation will the Saints use if they become the Louisiana Saints, "LOU" or "LOA"? If Gulf Coast Saints, abbreviaton would be "GC".

How about LOL

How about SOL?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived