NFL Team Relocation Rumor Mill

TBGKon

According to the Rumor Mill section on ProFootballTalk.com:

IF NOT THE SAINTS, THEN THE JAGS?

At a time when the NFL is eyeing the Saints for the vacuously vacant L.A. market, it appears that there's another candidate to load up the truck and move to Beverleeee.

According to The Florida Times-Union, the Jaguars could be leaving Jacksonville.

On Tuesday, the city notified the team that it would not be permitted to operate its electronic signage at Saturday's Georgia-Florida game.  In response, Jags vice president Bill Prescott says that the move could force, well, a move.

"Based on their actions today, yes [the Jaguars will be forced to move],'' Prescott said.  "Based on the actions I've seen over the last week, yes. Obviously, if they're taking revenues away, it'll happen sooner rather than later. . . .

"If you're cutting off our revenue source, any reasonable person would sit here and say, 'What are they trying to tell you?'" Prescott said.  "They're trying to tell you to move.''

So after 10 years of no team in Los Angeles, we could now have a situation in which the Saints and the Jags are jostling for the spot.

And we suspect that some Saints fans will greet the news by clamoring for the Jags to move to New Orleans and become the new Saints.

Stay tuned.

Looks like the Jags may be rumored to relocate, now that this may occur, what do you think the chances of the Saints permanently in San Antonio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Jags move out here, except the one thing standing in the way is that most LA football fans are completely ignorant and still dedicate themselves to the Raiders.

VmWIn6B.png

From what I have heard the NFL wants two teams in LA so maybe they both go there.

I think it would to much if they gave LA two teams right aways. They'll have one team relocate to LA, but it would be quite stupid IMO to put 2 teams in LA when their are already 3 teams in California (San Diego, San Fran, Oakland)

From what I have heard the NFL wants two teams in LA so maybe they both go there.

I think the NFL needs to start with 1 and let that owner know that it could be possible in the future to add a second team in the area, but personall I'd rather see the Jags in LA over the Saints.

Rumors and speculation are fun and all, but I'll wait for something substantial to break one way or the other. It wasn't that long ago (15 years) that the Eagles were on their way to the Valley of the Sun. Could anyone see that happening today?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

According to the Rumor Mill section on ProFootballTalk.com:

IF NOT THE SAINTS, THEN THE JAGS?

At a time when the NFL is eyeing the Saints for the vacuously vacant L.A. market, it appears that there's another candidate to load up the truck and move to Beverleeee.

According to The Florida Times-Union, the Jaguars could be leaving Jacksonville.

On Tuesday, the city notified the team that it would not be permitted to operate its electronic signage at Saturday's Georgia-Florida game.  In response, Jags vice president Bill Prescott says that the move could force, well, a move.

"Based on their actions today, yes [the Jaguars will be forced to move],'' Prescott said.  "Based on the actions I've seen over the last week, yes. Obviously, if they're taking revenues away, it'll happen sooner rather than later. . . .

"If you're cutting off our revenue source, any reasonable person would sit here and say, 'What are they trying to tell you?'" Prescott said.  "They're trying to tell you to move.''

So after 10 years of no team in Los Angeles, we could now have a situation in which the Saints and the Jags are jostling for the spot.

And we suspect that some Saints fans will greet the news by clamoring for the Jags to move to New Orleans and become the new Saints.

Stay tuned.

Looks like the Jags may be rumored to relocate, now that this may occur, what do you think the chances of the Saints permanently in San Antonio

San Antonio wants the Saints, the Saints want San Antonio (reportedly). Paul Tagliabue doesnt want ANY team in SA. Quite a triangle, could be the courts end up deciding who goes where.

metslogo_215.gif

San Antonio wants the Saints, the Saints want San Antonio (reportedly). Paul Tagliabue doesnt want ANY team in SA. Quite a triangle, could be the courts end up deciding who goes where.

Never, ever, bet against Paul Tagliabue. That is one man who gets what he wants.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Whoever attempts to move to Los Angeles, Al Davis' lawyers will follow you. Davis still considers that "he owns" the Los Angeles market in the NFL. Personally, I'd like to see the Raiders back down there. They barely sell out, and the word is that the next PSL offering is going to be a 3-year deal which equals the time left on the lease the Raiders have at McAfee Coliseum.

So let's see here the following teams are considering a move to Los Angeles:

Saints

Jaguars

Vikings

Chargers

49ers? (with their ownership, I wouldn't be surprised and this is coming from a 49er season ticket holder)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Rumors and speculation are fun and all, but I'll wait for something substantial to break one way or the other. It wasn't that long ago (15 years) that the Eagles were on their way to the Valley of the Sun. Could anyone see that happening today?

It also wasnt that long ago when the Seahawks almost made the move to SoCal.

6uXNWAo.png

If you remember, VD, those weren't just rumors: that was THISCLOSE to actually happening, thanks to Tose's gambling debts.

Now take the Modell / Browns situation and multiply it by 5 and that's what would have happened.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So let's see here the following teams are considering a move to Los Angeles:

Saints

Jaguars

Vikings

Chargers

49ers? (with their ownership, I wouldn't be surprised and this is coming from a 49er season ticket holder)

The Vikes??? I thought they are going well in Minnesota.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived