Is This A Steal?

Neon_Matrix

I was back at Kensington Market today in downtown Toronto checkin out the wonderful jersey's that place has to offer and I found a mid 90's home authentic pens jersey, size 48, in near mint condition (some little stains on it that I washed out) and it was only $25. Do you think it was worth it to spend $25 on this??

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1497copy.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

at 25 bucks,  doubt its authenticity, but for 25 bucks, from the pics you have shown, I would buy it.

(Chris, go there on the weekend and look for stuff for me)

EDIT: What quality is the chest crest?

It's this thick kind of material that each colour is stiched on...and the black on it is sewn on, on the arms and shoulders...oh, the collar is the same material as the blue jackets alt, same kind of feel.

I could take a close up pic of it if you'd like.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

at 25 bucks, doubt its authenticity, but for 25 bucks, from the pics you have shown, I would buy it.

$25 is good whether it's fake or real -- I'd have bought it.

And there's no way I'm goin' downtown just to look at jerseys for you :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I didn't even really care for that jersey when the Pens had it, and I would have bought it for $25. Looks real to me. The CCM on the tail and the NHL crest looks to be sewn on. It has a fight strap. I don't see anything wrong with it.

You could probably sell it for more than $25 on ebay.

at 25 bucks,  doubt its authenticity, but for 25 bucks, from the pics you have shown, I would buy it.

$25 is good whether it's fake or real -- I'd have bought it.

And there's no way I'm goin' downtown just to look at jerseys for you :P

Come on man, they had a replica Shannahan jersey from 95 when he was in St. Louis...its the one with the retarded red stripes...and they had some other gems around in different stores...they had an early 90's Flames away and also some Kings and other random ones. They have a Hartford one there...but its some custom one so the person had the crest put on upside down and has some weird sposer patches on the back...it had my hopes up...so I'm still depressed because of it. One store, Exile, who has a great jersey selection, will have their selection back out after Halloween...they have some Nords and Jets stuff there sometimes, as well as alot of 80's and 70's jerseys. One store had this really cool Brooklyn Dodgers jersey that was an old cooperstown collection one...I almost bought it, but it was too freakin big. Ah well, I gotta go back soon when that place puts their jersey's back up...

BTW, more pics

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Is there a blue Captials jersey by any chance? :D

Ugh...they had a small white one... Most of these jerseys are either small or very weird replicas. Alot of them are either very small or very big, in between ones are kinda rare, same with authentics, which this is the first one I've found there...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

its real....just an "unreal" small size for a sweater....52 is usualy the smallest ive seen..

Hey man, I wear a 46 Leafs Away (from 2002) and a 48 Leafs away (Vintage 1970s/80s) so this isnt new to me. =P

BTW, they sell a Penn State white jersey...nameless...but it looked DAMN good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Yeah, Penn State hockey looks real good. I almost bought one of those jerseys when I did a summer session there a couple years ago, but the jerseys in McClanahan's (the biggest store in town and the haven for student needs) had them at prices too high for my budget. I settled on a hat and t-shirt instead.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Yeah, Penn State hockey looks real good. I almost bought one of those jerseys when I did a summer session there a couple years ago, but the jerseys in McClanahan's (the biggest store in town and the haven for student needs) had them at prices too high for my budget. I settled on a hat and t-shirt instead.

I think that one was...$25 or 30...Replica of course...but it was in great shape.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I would snatch that up. I was always a big fan of that set, though I really liked the black road jersey with "PITTSBURGH" diagonally across the chest. I hated their third jersey in that set, especially since it phased out that great road uni. My brother had a sweet Jagr in the white.

spikes.jpg

$25 for an authentic is a great price. $25 Canadian is even better!

Also, size 48 is equivalent to a Large, which shouldn't be unusual at all. I'm 5' 8" & 160 lbs. so a 48 is perfect for me and a 52 will work if it's something I have to have or the price is nice.

Now, what you need to do is get the Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary patch on that with Lemieux and #66 to turn your $25 jersey into a $300 jersey.

That was the year he won the Art Ross, Hart Memorial, Bill Masterton & Lester B. Pearson Trophies in that jersey and I think the only year he wore a special patch on that jersey.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

$25 for an authentic is a great price. $25 Canadian is even better!

Also, size 48 is equivalent to a Large, which shouldn't be unusual at all. I'm 5' 8" & 160 lbs. so a 48 is perfect for me and a 52 will work if it's something I have to have or the price is nice.

Now, what you need to do is get the Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary patch on that with Lemieux and #66 to turn your $25 jersey into a $300 jersey.

That was the year he won the Art Ross, Hart Memorial, Bill Masterton & Lester B. Pearson Trophies in that jersey and I think the only year he wore a special patch on that jersey.

JeffB

Hum...I know where I can get 75 Patch easily...and I'm sure the HHOF would put Lemieux 66 on the back with the right era numbers and lettering...but It will take awhile to hunt down a 100 years path, I would also have to find someone who will put it on properly. But thanks for the idea, I guess thats my next project, I'm also contemplating getting that messed up Whalers one and getting some place to flip the Walers chrest and remove the sewn on sponsers on the back. The only thing is the crest is the twill material, but the Green and Blue were sublamented in...or w/e that is, where its silk screened.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I was back at Kensington Market today in downtown Toronto checkin out the wonderful jersey's that place has to offer and I found a mid 90's home authentic pens jersey, size 48, in near mint condition (some little stains on it that I washed out) and it was only $25. Do you think it was worth it to spend $25 on this??

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1497copy.jpg

That's the definition of steal. I would grab that without hesitation.

Hum...I know where I can get 75 Patch easily...and I'm sure the HHOF would put Lemieux 66 on the back with the right era numbers and lettering...

First, you need to let me know where I can get a 75th anniversary patch and how much they are!

Second, this jersey style wasn't used the year of the 75th patch. It's first year was the following year, the Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch, so the NHL 75th won't be correct on it.

For that one you need the old school skating penguin jersey. Even then, you might want to go with a Stanley Cup finals patch instead!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived