Calgary Hitmen Re-Design

Braden

Alright, this team of mine has been pretty bad in the past 2 seasons. The logo, although nice, is very outdated. It was my first logo I ever made.

So, now I feel there needs to be a change.

Here is the old logo:

hitmenfinal2.gif

And... here is the new logo idea:

newhitmenlogo.gif

It's meant to resemble a tattoo, and it's also supposed to resemble more of the skull and wings Bret "The Hitman" Hart had on his ring attire.

Wordmark and Secondary logos still are in the works. I'll keep you posted.

All comments and critisisms are welcome!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Indeed, Braden. Excellent execution. Definitely a sharp shooter. The foundation of what hopefully will be a great package.

(And I think I've used all the Bret Hart references I know, too.) :P

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'm going to go against the tide here and say that I like the older one better. Sometimes simple is good, and I think that's one case where that's completely accurate.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Don't abandon the old logo. Tweak the design of the uni's if you must, but the old logo works very well. And I'm glad you're not walking away from the pink. It works surprisingly well with the logo and uniform scheme.

I'm not feeling the wings, at all. I think they clutter up the logo in a very bad way.

The shield with the skull on it, however, is quite nice. Perhaps one or two too many shades of silver/grey/graphite/whatever, but otherwise, very cool.

If you want something on the sides, I'd consider adding the crossbones either underneath the shield, or literally beneath the shield, peeking out from the sites. Or, if you're really focused on the wings, move them beneath the shield (and towards the top more), so they aren't so visually distracting--they force the eyes towards the bottom point of the shield, rather than focusing on the skull.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived