Cardinal uniforms

gashouser27

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I obviously realize that this thread is referring to the BASEBALL Cardinals, but here's a pic of the new FOOTBALL Cardinals Stadium...this pic is from about 5 minutes ago (it's 4:13 PM here in Colorado on 11/07/2005):

20051107_001.jpg

OK, I gotta ask. I'm a curious type of guy....

You say the picture is from 5 minutes ago, then you give the time "here in Colorado". If you are in Colorado how did you take a picture of a stadium in Arizona 5 minutes ago?

No changes noted on mlbstyleguide.com so you can rest easy.

FYI- I really love the new Arizona Cardinals Stadium photos. Refreshing that it doesn't have repeat after me sports aficiandos:

1- A brick facade,

2- Patina wrought iron columns

3- 1940's looking ribbon bannered logos

4- blah blah blah

Wake-up all you m'er f'ers and demand that HOK and Ellerbe Beckett come up with some fresh architectural deas like this... Okay, Camden Yards was cool but ENOUGH...

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

OK, I gotta ask. I'm a curious type of guy....

You say the picture is from 5 minutes ago, then you give the time "here in Colorado". If you are in Colorado how did you take a picture of a stadium in Arizona 5 minutes ago?

Webcam. azcardinals.com.

(either that, or I'm magic. I'm betting webcam.)

OK, I gotta ask.  I'm a curious type of guy....

You say the picture is from 5 minutes ago, then you give the time "here in Colorado".  If you are in Colorado how did you take a picture of a stadium in Arizona 5 minutes ago?

Webcam. azcardinals.com.

(either that, or I'm magic. I'm betting webcam.)

Ah, of course....

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, that's better than nothing...but when can someone post a high quality large size image of this logo?

What do you want it for?

Just personal use - wallpaper on my computer. Nothing more. Would appreciate a 1024 x 768 size graphic if you can help - thanks.

Would really appreciate the 1024 x 768 size graphic...or at least the courtesy of a reply.

Thanks, that's better than nothing...but when can someone post a high quality large size image of this logo?

What do you want it for?

Just personal use - wallpaper on my computer. Nothing more. Would appreciate a 1024 x 768 size graphic if you can help - thanks.

Would really appreciate the 1024 x 768 size graphic...or at least the courtesy of a reply.

If you had no intention of sharing the logo, then you had no business asking me in the thread why I wanted it.

What do you want it for?

If you had no intention of sharing the logo, then you had no business asking me in the thread why I wanted it.

Dude, give'em a break. He has certain connections that allows him access to logos and other team design.....stuff. He can't just post things for the hell of it. He doesn't wanna jeopardize his accessability or risk doing something that would breach any agreement he has. If he said that was the best he can do, leave it at that. He did you a favor. Don't be an ungrateful little biotch. And as far as him not posting back, maybe he has a bit of life and isn't always on here like you. Sheesh.

I'm now just gonna wait for the post from you that i know you will write saying "why are you responding in his favor" or something like that. Save yourself some time and just move the hell on.

Thanks and have a nice day and a Happy Frickin Kwanzaa. B)

FYI- I really love the new Arizona Cardinals Stadium photos. Refreshing that it doesn't have repeat after me sports aficiandos:

1- A brick facade,

4- blah blah blah

Wake-up all you m'er f'ers and demand that HOK and Ellerbe Beckett come up with some fresh architectural deas like this... Okay, Camden Yards was cool but ENOUGH...

The word is that the Nationals new stadium in DC will represent a considerable departure from the Camden Yards mold...IF IT EVER GETS BUILT!

1- A brick facade,

4- blah blah blah

Yes, in this case, I agree that the new Arizona Cardinals stadium is a refreshing change. But there's one thing here I think you're missing.

Baseball and football stadiums have each had their own unique design lineages. Since baseball came first, the template has been developed for a much longer time period, from wood to reinforced concrete jewel boxes to ugly concrete doughnuts to a return to design sanity. Compunding this is the fact that until recently, football stadium design hasn't really broken away from the multi-purpose venues of 30-40 years ago. They haven't had as much time to develop their own design aesthetic, so there is room for experimentation from the ultra-modern (the new Cardinals stadium) to the more traditional (the renovation of Lambeau Field) and everything in between.

For the most part, baseball stadiums have been designed in harmony with the urban fabric, are built at a neighborhood scale, and take their design cues from the surrounding context. And what type of building materials do you have in most of the urban neighborhoods that ballparks reside in? Brick, steel, and concrete. I don't think anybody wants to go back to the brutalist, monolithic doughnuts that were built during the 1970's, because most urban baseball stadiums are not object buildings, at least in terms of design.

An ultra-modern stadium in the middle of nowhere, on the other hand, works because it becomes the object building, something more in the nature of football stadium design.

Sorry for the diatribe, but I felt the need to defend my profession.

QPR%20Sig.png

1- A brick facade,

4- blah blah blah

The word is that the Nationals new stadium in DC will represent a considerable departure from the Camden Yards mold...IF IT EVER GETS BUILT!

I would want the new DC stadium to blend into Washington itself. Like with colums and a govermental style look.

1- A brick facade,

4- blah blah blah

I would want the new DC stadium to blend into Washington itself. Like with colums and a govermental style look.

THAT...would be awesome.

Dude, give'em a break. He has certain connections that allows him access to logos and other team design.....stuff. He can't just post things for the hell of it. He doesn't wanna jeopardize his accessability or risk doing something that would breach any agreement he has. If he said that was the best he can do, leave it at that. He did you a favor. Don't be an ungrateful little biotch. And as far as him not posting back, maybe he has a bit of life and isn't always on here like you. Sheesh.

I'm now just gonna wait for the post from you that i know you will write saying "why are you responding in his favor" or something like that. Save yourself some time and just move the hell on.

Thanks and have a nice day and a Happy Frickin Kwanzaa. B)

Hey, thanks for jumping into something that is none of your business, and for taking up an offense for someone else where you don't have all of the facts! I'm sure you did some research like comparing the number of posts to determine how much time I spend on the board, to have some basis for making the statement that I am "always on here". And the name calling - now that's a very adult thing to do.

I completely understand if he can't post due to some agreement or not wanting to jeopardize his connections. No problem at all. But if that is the case, he should have simply said so; there was no need to string me along by asking why I wanted it. If he can't post it, then he can't post it; my reason for wanting it is irrelevant if it can't be posted. And while I am willing to accept these as the reasons for not being able to post a larger version, it seems inconsistent to me that it's OK to post a 228 x 185 version of a logo but not a larger size. If it is not OK to post a large size, then it shouldn't be OK to post a smaller size. By posting the small size logo and since the logo has been publicly released, I thought it should be permissible to post a larger size version. If that isn't the case, then it shouldn't be hard to just say so.

Besides, if you read my post carefully, I didn't ask him to post a larger size right now; my question after the small size logo was posted was "when can someone post a high quality large size image of this logo" (and I asked about "someone" posting, not necessarily "him").

After answering his question about why I wanted the logo, it seems to me that it would have been courteous to reply. But then perhaps that is an unreasonable expectation.

This pic is from the end of August, but I love it so much that I gotsta share:

20050831_east-side.jpg

It's designed by a famous architect named Peter Eisenman and he says it's supposed to resemble a dissected barrel cactus...whatever. There are a couple of his buildings here in Columbus and they are interesting from an academic point of view, but are notorius for leaking and/or falling apart. I personally think the outer skin is pretty cool and the idea of the field sliding outside during the week so the grass can grow is pretty innovative, but would only work in a non-urban setting like suburban Phoenix.

1- A brick facade,

4- blah blah blah

THAT...would be awesome.

Oh yes.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Apparently the stadium design was finalized two days ago. The story ran in the Washington Post on Friday.

"The stadium, which will be along the Anacostia River in near Southeast, features an exterior wall largely made of glass and broken up by limestone portals, according to city sources who have seen the drawings. Aspects of the design create a translucent quality, offering fans inside views of the surrounding neighborhood and teasing those outside with glimpses of game activities."

That's from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5111701951.html

Apparently, not all of the members of the DC city council are happy with the design. Jack Evans said it look like an office building. From that description it sounds like it could have a DC-type look to it but I guess we'll have to wait and see how the incorporate all of those elements into the design.

asu-tillman-in-memory-banner.jpg

Apparently the stadium design was finalized two days ago.  The story ran in the Washington Post on Friday.

"The stadium, which will be along the Anacostia River in near Southeast, features an exterior wall largely made of glass and broken up by limestone portals, according to city sources who have seen the drawings. Aspects of the design create a translucent quality, offering fans inside views of the surrounding neighborhood and teasing those outside with glimpses of game activities."

That's from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5111701951.html

Apparently, not all of the members of the DC city council are happy with the design.  Jack Evans said it look like an office building.  From that description it sounds like it could have a DC-type look to it but I guess we'll have to wait and see how the incorporate all of those elements into the design.

I heard about that, and I'm disappointed that they wouldn't want something unique to D.C. The design that HOK is proposing seems to be one that harmonizes very well with the city and the urban fabric, and as such, would look out of place if it were plopped anywhere else.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived