Nfl week 2 alterantes

CrookedThumb

NFL is the modern day pastime, and this uniform surge is def. a modern phenomenon, so i think alternates and the nfl fit like a glove and i wish everyteam would take part.

youre kidding right?

if thats the case the 49ers have these choices for an alternate:

a black jersey that would without a doubt make them saints clones

or a gold jersey resulting in.....no.....I dont even want to think about it.....food-smiley-019.gif

p591889reg.jpg

Does this really look THAT bad?  With gold pants, yes.  White ones, maybe not so much.  And red pants, well that would be downright intriguing, and move the 49ers into Florida State clone territory.

So how come the 'Noles haven't done a gold jersey?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I'm surprised FSU hasn't.  But that doesn't really look right for the 'Niners.

Of course, the current 'Niner jerseys were born out of their "throwback" jerseys from the league's 75th anniversary season, if I'm not mistaken.  It's a sharp look, it's good that they decided to switch to it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't think the 9ers need an alternate, probably because they don't have a third color that would look good as the color of the jersey (and another team in black would drive me nuts). I like them wearing the Montana era unis as alts. However, I don't beleive just because a team has this classic look they shouldn't try an alternate. I mean this is riciculous, besides, they can only use them once a year. I say screw it, classic look or not, if a third uni looks good, go for it. BTW, I am getting so fed up with all these teams using different pants each game with different jerseys. IMO the NFL should make it mandatory that only 1 pair of pants be worn with each uniform. Right now the NFL has a clusterfuk of uniforms.

Do you think its odd or a nod to tradition (in design sense) that all the NFL alternates are just swapping colors from the team's uniforms (with the exception of the throwbacks).  Do you think the NFL will let teams do crazy things with their alts - for (bad) example - the Browns adding orange and white stripes across their whole jersey?  If they opened things up a bit, what wild designs would you guys like to see?

I think the crazy stuff has been done and isnt entirely new.  During NFL 75th the Bears and Steelers strutted out some pretty crazy crap.

But I know what you meant.  I'm torn.  The NFL doesnt need it...any alts.  But if you are going to do it, then do it.  Making rules so stringently, it kind of defeats the purpose.

ANd although teams are limited to using something in their original color sets.....technically that is what all teams do right?  PLus black?  Fashion jerseys are one thing but it's not like teams pick new colors for their alts in any sport.

If people were allowed to go nuts...I'd like to see a complete departure from #s on all four faces of the shirt.  Like hockey....have back and TV (shoulder)only and get nuts.

That reminds me...did you guys all used to get those Pro-Line catalogs?  Thats how I learned what "TV" numbers were and also gussets, and double stitched shoulder yolks

:D

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

That reminds me...did you guys all used to get those Pro-Line catalogs? Thats how I learned what "TV" numbers were and also gussets, and double stitched shoulder yolks

roger that.

And to specify, i would offer more than just pallate swaps in the ways of 'every team should' as i said prior.

it could be somethign as simple as different numbers, or yes the throwback. (although im torn by the thought of wearing the same one every year)

just spice, something different.  i dont know, i respect the past, but i dont see what that has to do with if a team wears a different jersey here and there.

To be honest I don't think the NFL plays enough games for alternates to really work well. In the NBA or Baseball or NHL its kind of refreshing to see an alternate every now and again. In the NFL you only see the regular unis 8 times each in regular season, and you don't feel so tired of the same old look as much.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived