Do you remember them?

kroma

I've been working on this project for quite some time, and i had a lot of fun doing them, brought back a lot of memories. Some of you might be too young to remember those teams (in fact i'm too young too!), but those were actually NHL teams. The logo i used are modification of existing logo that i changed for my pleasure, and i hope yours! I tried to keep the colors the teams used and sometimes, add some. And please, i know that the numbers and names are bad, but i'm working with paint, so please look at the concept in general. Get ready, cause there's a lot to see! Thanks!

ATLANTA FLAMES (1972-1980)

ATL2.jpg

ATL.jpg

For this concept, i used the rein fire from the NFL Europe, and a version of the actual Atlanta Flames logo. Of course, the colors are yhe same as Calgary, but what can i do, this knickname screams red, yellow and black!

CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS (1967-1976)

OGS1.jpg

OGS2.jpg

Probably the teams with the most changes, so much that i was'nt sure how to call them, the Seals, the Golden Seals, California or Okland! Anyway, i use Golden Seals cause i had an idea, puting a Seal thru a 'GS' that would have the shape of a triangle. The idea might sound silly, but i like the result. I found the seal on the web, and if i remember correctly, it's the logo of a foundation, but i'm not sure.

CLEVELAND BARONS (1976-1978)

CLD2.jpg

CLD1.jpg

I usually hate using script for a logo, but with Barons, i really did'nt know what else to do. I did this logo by myself, but i have to admit that it was inspired by image of monarchy that i found on the net. What do you think?

COLORADO ROCKIES (1976-1982)

CR2.jpg

CR1.jpg

Ya! Before the Avalanche, the Rockies ruled in Colorado (and long before the MLB team) before been moved in NJ. For that concept, i'd like to give a big THANKS to STPATTY for letting me use his Avs alternate, thanks buddy! For me, this logo was amazing, and it define a Colorado team (Avs or Rockies). Plus, by adding the Rockies logo in the bacground, it still could be an Avs alt cause it looks like an 'A', just changed the yellow back to grey!

HARTFORD WHALERS (1979-1997)

HART2.jpg

HART1.jpg

Who could forget the Whalers!?! (apparently EA sports cause in recent version of their NHL games, no sing of the Whalers, what's the deal with that!?!?) I personnaly think that they whore the best looking uniform before they moved, the colors where great and the logo was perfect! But, my project was to modified teams unis+logo, so that's what i did. This logo is, i think, a Germain hockey team(sorry i don't understand Germain) and i add a big 'H' to give a little 'Hartford' look. As for the unis, i did'nt want to change it too much, for the reason i gave earlier!

KANSAS CITY SCOUTS (1974-1976)

KCS2.jpg

KCS1.jpg

I have to admit, beside a young boy in shorts, i did'nt know what was a scout. But with a little research, in found out that the Scout was a statue in KC. So i used the same logo, but i erased the horse, so only the native shows. It's simple, but i think it could work! Don't you think!

MINNESOTA NORTH STARS (1967-1993)

MNS2.jpg

MNS1.jpg

With the Stars moving to Dallas and the Wild coming to Minnesota, some may have forgot the North Stars, but no the real fans. This concept is basically the same that they had, but 'actualised'. The logo is my idea and made it myself (was'nt to difficult tough!).

QUÉBEC NORDIQUES (1979-1995)

QC2.jpg

QC1.jpg

Of course, my favotites, Les Nordiques! Some of you might remember seing this concept, it's because i did it some weeks ago, but i changed it a little. Add some 'fleur de lys' to give it a more 'Nordiques' look and used two shades of blue. I'm disapointed tough to the fact that the colors changed when i post it, the light blue was supposed to be powder blue, like they had when they were in the NHL. Still, i like the result! The logo, by the way, was a video game one. I don't remember the adress, but when i do, i'll post it cause there's a few interesting logos that you might want to check!

WINNIPEG JETS (1979-1996)

WPG2.jpg

WPG1.jpg

Finally but least, the Jets! On this concept, i wanted to do a little different of everithing i saw so far. I wanted to do a logo without using the 'JETS' script, so i came up with a flying jet across a circle. The concet is simple, but i think it works. As for the jerseys, i tried to be modern, without beiing 'wierd'. So i blend a few ideas and came up with this concept. Does it says 'Winnipeg Jets' to you!

I know all of those concept is a lot to take, but i'd love to read comments from you guys!

I like all of these as well. Probably some of the best work I have seen done in paint since I started hanging out here.

Really like what you did with the Cleveland set, I can see it was probably one of the more difficult ones to come up with something that looked decent.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

Bravo on the work, especially seeing it's in MS Paint...

Personal faves are the Whalers (as much as I love the H-W-WhaleTail, the way you went with it was really inspired), the Scouts (nice touch using a majority of the old school rendering of the Scout statue), the Rockies (StPatty's logo was killer to begin with, but used in that way was just inspired), but the top of the bunch was the Nords (LOVE that logo and the design was great...loved seeing the 3 Fleurs-des-Lys on the bottom of the hem like the old days).

Oh yah, to answer an earlier question (as to why EA Sports couldn't use the Whalers name in the special version of NHL 94 they included on the PS2 copy of NHL06)...the State of Connecticut still holds the rights to the Whalers name, logos, and uniforms as per the agreement with Karmanos when he moved the team to Carolina. For some odd reason, the bureaucrats in Hartford seem more keen on sitting on the rights instead of allowing NHL Properties to use it in the Vintage Collection (which is a shame seeing they'd make a fluffing MINT)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I think too much black overall on Minny and Atlanta, but overall these are solid.

1. Atlanta. As I said, too much black. But the logo is a nice idea.

2. Seals. I like the striping and the color scheme. I like the logo idea, but maybe it would be better with a "C" instead of "GS". I'm not to fond of the nubmer font

3. Barons. Solid update. Good stuff

4. Colorado: OUTSTANDING. Obviously, much credit to STPATTY, but you both teamed up to create a home uniform I'd purchase.

5. Hartford. Decent logo, but I would never touch the previous Whalers logo.

6. KC. I think that logo would be seen as outdated, even if you removed the horse. Good update overall, but I feel the shoulder areas are too big.

7. North Stars. No. No. This is actually not too bad, but to me, the north stars will always be green/yellow/minimal black with the logo on my avitar.

8. Quebec. OUTSTANDING. Great logo and overall update.

9. Winnipeg. This logo cannot touch their old one. I'm not feeling this at all.

Good job overall.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

thanks for the logo kroma!

hatcityenforcer is absolutley correct. i live in CT and they should sell the rights to the nhl so they can release throwbacks, etc. i guess CT is still hoping that one day NHL hockey will be back in the constitution state.

i love ahl hockey and all, but it isnt the same. i heard the wolfpack are getting new unis and logo, any truth to this?

i like them all except for the nordiques. as much as they would need a new logo and uniforms if they were still around, i would like to see some red in there, even just as trim. other than that, great job.

Atlanta: Pretty sure that is the Rhein Fire logo in there and it doesn't look that bad, but I suggest you clean the hockey puck up a little, because at first, I couldn't tell what it was. The white road jersey is amazing, but I'm not sold on the colour scheme the home jersey.

California: I agree with Onwis97 that the seal should be in a "C" because putting "GS" and then a seal makes it look like the city has abbreviations "GS" with the seal.

The colours are great and both jersey's are near perfect except for the number font....

Cleveland: Never been a big fan on the colour scheme here, the logo is sub-par.

Colorado: Interesting but good colour scheme, cool logo with the rockies in the backround of the logo StPatty made

Hartford: I'm still a fan of the old Whalers logo, but this one looks OK as well.

Kansas City: Best of the bunch!! Great colours, great logo, perfect execution.

Minnesota: I like the logo idea, but I'm not sold on the jersey's

Quebec: Wasn't that logo going to be the Nordiques logo for the revived WHA? Anyways, it looks good, but I think there was another fleur de lis overkill.

Winnipeg: I loved the Jets jersey's and the logo when they last played, so I'm not a big fan of these.

Overall, great job, I can tell you took your time making these, and you deserve a pat on the back for these!

Some interesting ideas--now use that on original teams!

A few comments--

Atlanta--their red was actually more red--but I get the drift.

I would prefer their original "A"--it's one of my all time favorite sports logos.

Minnesota-I have to agree on minimal black as mentioned above--or no black at all.

California/Oakland--I prefer the second version of their jersey for the colours--there's too much white--even in the dark jerseys.

Overall some good ideas...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

ATLANTA

Like the colors, but the shoulders of the away jersey seem to either need color or need the yellow border erased. Logo is decent, but nothing special.

CALIFORNIA/OAKLAND

The colors are good, the logo reminds me of 80's metal bands, and not in a good way.

CLEVELAND

The only thing I would change about this design is the "Barons" at the top of the logo. The rest of the logo without BARONS is absolutely perfect.

COLORADO

You used a simpler desgin for the jersey, and it really works. I like the logo that you used, but I can tell from the rest of your work here that you're capable of designing something decent in its place. You should put your own logo on it like the rest. But this design is very good.

HARTFORD

Another relatively simple jersey design that really works. I don't really like the logo, but that's probably just because of how much I liked the Whalers logos.

KANSAS CITY

The best of the bunch. I like the use of the original logo incorporated in your new design. The colors are awesome, especially the "vegas gold" or whatever that is. It all really works well together.

MINNESOTA

The Vegas Gold doesn't really work with the lighter shade of green used here. You might want to use a dark green (and brave comments from people complaining that it looks too much like the Wild) or a yellower yellow. The logo reminds me of the updated NY Rangers logo that someone did recently. The brilliance of the original NOrthstars logo was that the logo was pointing north.

QUEBEC

I like the design of this (colors remind me of the Moscow Dynamo) and I really like the Logo. I think it's superior to the logo the Nordiques were going to use before moving to Denver. The only thing I would change would be the mesh across the back where the nameplate would go. Make it solid navy and this is perfect.

WINNIPEG

My least favorite of all of them. The design seems too busy for me. Maybe the sleeves should be all one color with a simple striping pattern. The logo seems plain compared to the others, but considering you came up with 7 completely new logos, it's more than forgivable.

All in all, these designs are great designs, and if someone manufactured and sold the designs for Quebec, Kansas City, or Cleveland, I would buy them.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Archived