Celtics Alternate

DEAD!

Icons can't change their look.

These are the worst uniforms in the history of sports... I thought I would see the Yankees or Canadiens change uniforms before this crap happened.

And they wonder why no real basketball fans watch the NBA anymore.

I grew up a Celtics fan, and I play basketball every day. And now, I will never watch the NBA again.

At least when MLB or NFL teams change uniforms, they usually revert to a retro/past look.

Pardon my rant.... I've been bracing for this uniform debut for 3 months, hoping they would have some common sense and cancel.

I didn't think Kentucky would change their uniforms either. Money talks and BS walks... (See: Nike/Rbk/adidas).

These are the worst uniforms in the history of sports... I thought I would see the Yankees or Canadiens change uniforms before this crap happened.

So much for "Celtic Pride". I am wondering how much say Red Auerbach had in this decision.

I grew up a Celtics fan, and I play basketball every day. And now, I will never watch the NBA again.

My friend, the NBA is no longer about providing entertainment for real basketball fans...It is about selling all that faux-throwback-retro garbage that has been produced the last few years and getting in bed with the hip-hop nation.

The NBA has been nothing but a freak sideshow that is largely dismissed by the populace since Michael Jordan retired the second time.

The NBA has been nothing but a freak sideshow that is largely dismissed by the populace since Michael Jordan retired the second time.

Isn't NBA merchandise selling at an all-time high? Remember when ESPN fell over itself to acquire and NBA license? You know how the NBA just expanded to Charlotte and New Orleans?

I think the NBA is doing just fine.

But to the point, yes, the Celtics should never be alowed to change their uniforms. I would have said the same thing about the New York Rangers too, but their late 90-s alt didn't end up killing us all, did it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't see hwat the big deal is. They're ALTS, not a permanent change.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

At least when MLB or NFL teams change uniforms, they usually revert to a retro/past look.

Pardon my rant.... I've been bracing for this uniform debut for 3 months, hoping they would have some common sense and cancel.

That high horse of yours needs a rest. You should really get off. You will never watch the NBA again because of uniforms? Congratulations, you're the most loyal fan of all time - to laundry.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

The Red Sox got an alternate too, but I guess that's okay. After all, they're not marketing to the hip-hop culture, which means it's totally okay.

And by the way? I'm pretty sure I'm a real basketball fan. In fact, I'm pretty sure that no real basketball fans will ditch the game just because it's being marketed to younger, blacker people. They dunk in college, too. They pop their jerseys in college too. The only difference between CBB and the NBA is that the players are getting paid. I guess that's the real problem here...

On point, the jerseys are unnecessary. I would've preferred green with gold trim, but there you go.

By the way?

The Mets. The Lions. The Ravens. The Royals. The A's. They all had or have had black alternates in the past few years. I could probably think of more if I tried. And another thing, the NBA has actually banned new black uniforms. That's why no team has had any. Pure, middle-class, white MLB has had a heck of a lot more new black unis in the past couple of years than the NBA will ever have again.

The NBA's problem isn't a lack of popularity among true fans. The NBA's problem is the fact that some angry, middle-class, predominantly-white males can't reconcile the fact that it's not 1960 anymore, and Bob Cousy isn't running the break. This is just another culture war, mixed in with race, the same kinds that have been going on for decades. The problem isn't with the NBA, the problem's with the people complaining. The funny thing is, a lot of these people are the same hippies from the sixties. Yeah. I guess the hippie generation really ended up being different from the 'fascists' they complained about all the time...

(And yes, I know the league has it's problems, but that doesn't justify nearly the amount of criticism it gets. Yes, I know that some players commit crimes, yes I know that some of the players aren't the best role models. But like I said, it doesn't nearly justify the unfair criticism it gets. Baseball players have lied to Congress and taken steroids. But, nobody calls them thugs or punks. Nobody judges the whole league on the actions of a few players.)

That high horse of yours needs a rest. You should really get off. You will never watch the NBA again because of uniforms? Congratulations, you're the most loyal fan of all time - to laundry.

I didnt even mention the reasons why I dont watch NBA Entertainment (mostly a rant about arenas being turned into Amusement Parks for games, doing everything possible to get fans attention, playing music during the game, and letting fans use thundersticks).

I figured this was a sports logos forum and I kept the comments to just the jersey's impact on my view of sports: screwing tradition for the sake of jersey sales, and the fact that uniforms have to do with tradition, and when tradition is stopped or changed, sometimes it loses fans... hence why Coke II never sold.

The Celtics have one of the best uniforms in the league, they are simple and clean, two-color and scream tradition.

The Celtics have always made black jerseys and hats selling in sports stores for fans to wear, I am fine with that. I just don't want to see it on the floor.

And the Red Sox ALT jerseys are an atrocity, too. It's ok as a batting practice jersey.

And, the laundry represents every decision the league has made over the past 10 years. .. screw basketball lets sell uniforms and tickets. Ahhh NBA Entertainment.

hence why Coke II never sold

uh...coke II didn't sell because the new formula made it taste like dirty sock water. original coke tasted better. bottom line

i'm somewhere in the middle of this debate with the nba. i've never really been a fan, but i'd say the REAL problem is the fact that kids are coming to the league right out of high school hence the reason for the need to sell tickets to younger fans.

and to anyone who would stop watching a sport because a team changed their 'traditional and iconic' unis, i'd say you were watching the sport for the wrong reason. it shouldn't matter if your team is wearing the unis they were wearing in the 70s when they were the kings of the court, or some concoction that the owner's 8 year old son came up with, if you are a TRUE fan, it shouldn't matter.

die hard lakers fans were still fans when the lakers altered their traditional unis. same with kings fans (but mostly because they started winning), net fans, 76ers fans, mavericks fans, warriors fans, raptors fans, rockets fans (twice). the list continues and spares no sport. i mean, are broncos fans not as die hard anymore since they 'modernized'? pirate fans?

and seriously, you're talking about a uni that they'll only be wearing a few times out of an E I G H T Y T W O game season. so, what's the real issue here?

NBA players showing up on the and one mix tape tour and saying that those guys are good enough for the league. high schoolers in the nba draft. you can't hate a league for what it looks like. unless of course...well...we'll leave that one alone.

Archived