WSU script Cougars

Grish

Gray pants too. It's a bit of a superstition - after losing six straight the cougs switched to script helmets and gray pants last year and won the apple cup. Last time we won in Seattle was 97 - with Ryan Leaf and co. wearing gray pants and script helmets. It's working so far (Cougs up 13-7 at half). Plus it looks pretty good.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 Helmets?

Dammit. I can't keep up with all the combos.

Two helmets...three logos. :P The gray pants are different from the normal gray pants worn with the home crimson jerseys. These Apple Cup pants don't have stripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 Helmets?

Two helmets...three logos. :P The gray pants are different from the normal gray pants worn with the home crimson jerseys. These Apple Cup pants don't have stripes.

So does that give WSU 4 sets of pants now total? The normal grays, these grays, the crimsons, and what appeared to be white a couple of weeks ago. Jeez!

So does that give WSU 4 sets of pants now total? The normal grays, these grays, the crimsons, and what appeared to be white a couple of weeks ago. Jeez!

I don't think the white ever existed - it was just weird lighting in that photograph. Could be wrong though...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 Helmets?

I count 3 helmets.

Red helmet with white WSC logo.

Silver helmet with red WSC logo.

Silver helmet with Cougars script.

Unless the Apple Cup uniform is a one-game-only deal.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Cougs win in the final two minutes!!!!

Now that I'm back down to Earth, to clarify for you all here are the cougs uniform combos:

Jerseys:

Crimson

White

Pants:

Gray

Gray Striped

White Striped

Red Striped

Helmets:

Gray home

Crimson road

Gray throwbacks (cougars script)

There you go. Russell athletic has HOOKED US UP. (j/k)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

I liked these modern unis that the cougs wore. The letters should have had a gray outline rather than shadowing but otherwise these were nice:

85hnswu5.jpg

However, the look started showing up everywhere. I'm not sure if wazzu was the first to sport it but soon it was on Toledo, in the senior bowl, and starting to show up as a fad in high schools. When a new style starts to lose its originality it loses its touch. Exactly what happened with the cougs.

Bill Doba is an old school guy and wanted old school style jerseys for the cougs. I'd expect some more tweaks over the next couple years (e.g. helmet and jersey crimson do not match exactly), but they are a nice change of pace from the modern stuff.

Edit:

Finally found a picture of today's uniforms:

capt.sea10511192223.washington_st_washington_sea105.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

Is the goal for every major college programs to have a different uniform for every game? Has Miami worn the same uniform twice this season? How about Oregon? WSU has three helmets? Even my beloved Orange has worn three four different combinations this year. It's absolutely incredible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I only saw one Apple Cup highlight on a TV that was too far away to notice detail. I just saw the silver lids and thought maybe they had scrapped the two-helmet look.

But I agree that the new package is much neater, crisper -- BETTER -- than that monochromatic eyesore they wore before. (I'm of the belief that 85% of all monochromatic looks are a bad, bad idea)

I got to thinking they could simplify it even further with one helmet (red) and one pants (silver) but realized we already have that look -- at Georgia.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived