Corporate Baseball

TwoRsAndTwoLs

neat, but is there any rhyme or reason for the corporate logos.

detroit should either be Comerica Bank or Little Caesars (since Mike Ilitch owns the tigers, red wings and little caesars).

is there any rhyme or reason for the corporate logos

No Not really. Some of them make sense, some don't. I didn't really feel like researching each teams corporate ties so I just used what I though of off the top of my head.

ALL2.GIF

Just for fun

Xerox for the Twins was clever. Halliburton for the Nationals was BRILLIANT. :notworthy:

As for basketball, you may want to update the Wizards. Their home is now the Verizon Center becuase of the MCI/Verizon merger.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Interesting choice of Paramount for the Lakers. Oddly enough, at one time their parent company (Gulf & Western, now Viacom) actually owned the Knicks, the NHL's Rangers, and Madison Square Garden (now all owned by Cablevision).

QPR%20Sig.png

If they did this and eliminated commercial breaks I wouldn't be that upset.

How do you propose eliminating commercial breaks from baseball? More than the other professional sports, baseball has so many breaks in the action that commercials fill up the void. Considering that there are no fewer than 17 half-innings per game - which means 17 times one team runs off the field, and the other runs on - plus pitching changes, pinch hitters, and injuries, there's enough time to let the players warm up and allow the sponsors to pay the bills for the TV time. I'd rather have 2 minutes of commercials between half innings (when I can go to the can or grab something from the 'fridge) then watch the players turn into walking billboards.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well the O's would be Black and Decker. They are HQ'd in Towson (Balt. suburb) and already sport black and orange.

From city that gave us the Baltimore Chop the announcers could then call a hit to the players groin a Black & Decker Pecker Wrecker.

But like you said you didn't do a lot of checking. This would make a great contest theme though. :lol:

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Being the homer that I am, here's kinda what I was thinking -- taking design elements from both the owner's corporation (if there is one) and of the team and sorta combining them.

Nintendo.jpg and the Mariners makes something like...

CorporateMs.jpg

CorporateMsmark2.jpg

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived