Tennessee Titans Concept

Cujo

I am going to quote myself from last week to explain why this concept is much better than the disater the Titans currently use:

Mismatch City here, boys. The helmet uses the spike style stripes, no stripes on the sleves, and regular stripe style pants. The logo also blows on top of that. With the colors they use, they had so much potential, but they really dropped the ball with this garbage.

Okay, so what I did was eliminate that horrible flaming logo drop the red... well, you can see for yourself. C&C. Thanks. :)

proj_ten.png

6uXNWAo.png

The side panels would have to be super wide to wrap around the shoulders like you have it. Maybe do side panels and Patriots style shoulder stripe?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It needs more pop. The two blues alone come off as uninspiring. Maybe if the sword was brought back or if silver was added. Not sure what to suggest.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I am going to quote myself from last week to explain why this concept is much better than the disater the Titans currently use:

Mismatch City here, boys. The helmet uses the spike style stripes, no stripes on the sleves, and regular stripe style pants. The logo also blows on top of that. With the colors they use, they had so much potential, but they really dropped the ball with this garbage.

Okay, so what I did was eliminate that horrible flaming logo drop the red... well, you can see for yourself. C&C. Thanks. :)

proj_ten.png

I can understand why the Titans are so bad except for their cheerleaders who keep them in the game. But it makes sense because the current logo stinks with the red, white, powder blue and navy blue. I think that the switch will be needed without the flame and I also think that eliminating the red will make this team a lot better off in '06. Maybe they can perform another "Music City Miracle" next year with their uniforms.

as the resident titans fan, i've gotta voice my displeasure.

this looks like what would happen if batman were frozen in a block of ice.

the red in the tennessee titans uniforms and logo is there for a reason. without red, these shades of blue look icey... there's nothing wrong with that, really, but you'd expect to see it on a team that has some kind of icey name. not on titans, which are supposed to show strength and power... hence the red.

the red adds pop to it.

now you hate the flaming shield logo? that's acceptable. your opinion. i personally don't mind it... but what you have done is take the "thumbtack" out of the "flaming thumbtack", and used it as a stand alone logo. just doesn't look good to me at all. like i said, it looks like batman for some reason.

i hate to sound rude, because you obviously put a lot of work into this concept... but if the titans were to adopt these uniforms, it would be a huge step backwards, in my eyes.

also, the navy blue helmet just looks bad... i like the titans in white helmets.

the red in the tennessee titans uniforms and logo is there for a reason. without red, these shades of blue look icey... there's nothing wrong with that, really, but you'd expect to see it on a team that has some kind of icey name. not on titans, which are supposed to show strength and power... hence the red.

the red adds pop to it.

now you hate the flaming shield logo? that's acceptable. your opinion. i personally don't mind it... but what you have done is take the "thumbtack" out of the "flaming thumbtack", and used it as a stand alone logo. just doesn't look good to me at all. like i said, it looks like batman for some reason.

i hate to sound rude, because you obviously put a lot of work into this concept... but if the titans were to adopt these uniforms, it would be a huge step backwards, in my eyes.

also, the navy blue helmet just looks bad... i like the titans in white helmets.

Umm...where is the red on the current home jerseys/pants/socks, road jerseys/pants/socks, alt jerseys/pants/socks? Red's obviously not that big of a deal, except on the helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

the red adds pop to it.

1) "Red adds pop"? Excuse me?? It's not even used as a part of the uniform itself unless you count the hideous logos they use, both the flaming circle and "T-sword". There is no reason for them to use it. No reason. It's just like the Steelers having red and blue in their logo... it's simply not necessary.

2) "A step backwards"?? The only thing retro about these unis are the players used in the concept. These things are 100% better than the garbage they currently wear. It's all mismatched, which may not have looked that back 8 years ago, but IMO it looks trashy as hell now.

3) Batman beats Pac-Man anyday. :D

6uXNWAo.png

It's just like the Steelers having red and blue in their logo... it's simply not necessary. 

Except that it's meant to parallel the old US Steel logo, which includes red, gold and blue hypocycloids. So it IS necessary.

2) "A step backwards"?? 

Dude, it's his opinion. You put your concept out there asking for C&C, you got it. Don't take offense when you get what you're seeking. You don't have to agree, but you do have to accept it for what it is.

As far as why you need red: the use of red serves 3 purposes. For one, it is a tribute to the Houston Oilers. For two, Carolina Blue and Red are owner Bud Adams's favorite colors. His team, his choice, whether you agree or not. For three, the 2 stars and red/white/navy are taken from Tennessee's state flag - the 3 stars in a circle for the historic "3 Grand Divisions of Tennessee" united as one entity. Take any reason you prefer, but the red belongs there, perhaps more than the Titans/Oilers/Columbia/Carolina blue, which lingers as a tribute to the team's roots.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

sorry you disagree with my feedback, curty.

a step back doesn't mean "retro".. the bengals took a step back, and the new look is anything but retro.

i just mean it's a downgrade. it looks worse than what they wear now (which isn't even close to perfect, as it is.. so i'm not just being a homer. the titans could use an upgrade... this just isn't an upgrade.) i tried to say it politely, by just saying "a step back".

and call me crazy, but the red in the logos helps the titans out a lot. the red on the logo on the helmet, and the red of the sleeve logo especially. vitamind said everything that was needed to say... red may not be all over the uniforms, but it's there for a reason. it's used sparingly, but it's still important to the overall look. one speck of red is enough to keep the overall look from being icey, imo. also, just because red isn't a big part of the jersey/pants/helmets, it's still a big part of the uniform. look at photos of the team. they mostly use red gloves, red mouthpeices, and have red on their shoes. all of this adds to the overall look, and keeps it from being icey. you take all of the red out of the rest of the uniform, and they'd have to switch to blue gloves and shoes.

i'm not asking you to change your concept. it's your concept, and i respect your right to do whatever you'd like for it. i'm just saying, as a titans fan, that i don't like them. i like to think that most of these concepts are put out there to see how well they'd be recieved by the public... well, i'm part of the fanbase you'd be catering to, if you were to design the titans jersey.

again, you don't need to change your concept, it's your concept... but i believe i have every right to tell you my honest opinions on them, as "C&C", as you asked.

as a real titans uniform set, these likely wouldn't be well recieved by other titans fans.

again, sorry if that comes off as rude, or hurts your feelings.

I didn't mean for it to come off like I was ripping into you or offended by your comments. I don't mind them at all. Nor was I hurt by your comments. Not one bit. I was just making my point as to why I eliminated the red.

I don't mind netigive feedback at all. I just gave my side backing up my concept. That's all. :D

6uXNWAo.png

:D Oh my fluffin god! :shocked: That is tight!

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

I like the idea but if you put a little red in the jersey to make it pop, it would make you look at the jersey in a more intresting way. Also maybe with the logo if you keep the shield but not the logo, then it can some more character to your logo. Other than that it looks great. Good Job. B)

maxmarketingsmalllogocopy2-1-1.jpg

Archived