Ot: the best song lyrics ever...

TruColor

I've been back from Maui since Sunday, but I'm just now catching up...many of you know of my love for MST3K...I just thought I'd share the lyrics that Joel, Tom Servo and Crow made up for the "Jet Jaguar" song from Godzilla vs. Megalon:

HE JOCK IT MADE OF STEEL

EATS SUSHI FROM A PAIL

JET JAGUAR ? JET JAGUAR !

HE MOTHER NEVER REALLY LOVE HIM

HE CRIMEFIGHTING COVERS UP A BASIC INSECURITY

HE DICKEY COVERS UP AN ADDAMS APPLE THE SIZE OF A TOYOTA

HE BASICLY GOOD-HEARTED BUT HE'D LIKE TO SMASH THAT KID AGAINST A ROCK

KNOCK ! KNOCK ! KNOCK !

WHO'S THERE ?

HIS HEAD LOOKS LIKE JACK NICHOLSON

DON'T SMILE LIKE THAT, IT WILL STAY THAT WAY

YAHMMMAAHOAAHOAAAUGH !

DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN

Brings a tear to your eye, don't it?

Hi all: Glad to see that there are other MSTies on the board! MST3K is one reason why I often call myself a "mew-tant" (as opposed to "hue-MAN"). The MST3K song I can't get out of my head is: "Come on and buy some crap from ussssssss...you know that you want tooooooo..." Also "Danger to Ourselves and Others" ("How dumb are you, Uncle Dad?") and Tom Servo's Song to Stock Footage ("Da da dada da da EAT IT MOVIE!")

Now here's an unrelated logo question. When's the deadline for NFL teams to declare that they want to change their logos/uniforms for next year? I want my Panthers to tweak their duds, but I'm afraid I waited to long to organize my grassroots campaign. ( I wouldn't change the logo, just edit it a little; also I'd fix the helmet stripes, the pants stripes, and the shoulder stripes on the jersey. And Carolina Blue would be the main jersey color.)

Best,

em

one of my favorite song lyrics is from a mettalica song as it reminds me of when the Sharks play a certain division rival:

when it all crashes down, and you break your crown

you point your finger but theres no one around

just one more thing, to play the king

when your castle's crumbled and youre left with just a name...

WHERES YOUR CROWN, KING NOTHING!!

As far as MST3k songs are concerned, there are two that stick out for me:  "Sidehackin'" and the jingle the mads created for their action figure, Johnny Longtorso.

A sample from "Sidehackin'"...

Sidehackin' is one big bash

The favorite sport of cheap white trash

When you're on your Sidehack make sure you don't slip

You'll end up with five metal pins in your hip

Lean way back till you'll scrape your butt

Make it look like a quarter pound of ground chuck - yeah!

And the jingle...

Johnny Longtorso!  Johnny Longtorso!

The man who comes in pieces!

Great outtakes on their "Poopie!" tape of TV's Frank cracking up uncontrollably during this song.  :)

Now, as for "serious" songs, there are too many for me to reference.  While there's plenty of mainstream stuff I love, there's a local band that I've just gotten into that writes some cool music.  Of course, I fancy myself to be a decent lyricist and musician, as well...   :cool:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Hi all. The Sidehackers song contains one of my favorite MST3K quotes: "The stupid ones always seem to come in first." And Sidehackers contains my sweetie's favorite MST quotes (even though she is sooooo not a fan): "This ... grass ... is ... DRUGGED!" and "Your ... lips ... are ,,, DRUGGED!" I thought I had converted her with that episode, but alas, it was just a Saturday night thing.

Best,

em

Archived