How can CFL be taken serious?

Redlands, CA

"A lot of Canadians are very upset with the CFL and calling it a joke league on tsn.ca"

I said the people on tsn.ca like us are calling the CFL a joke league not tsn.ca staffers.

Guru, the Canadians weren't saying "Joke of a league", they were saying "Joke of a trade" as in why this late in the season, read very carefully about what you see, eyes are deceiving. Plus the ones that are saying that the CFL is a joke is probably americans or they are not CFL fans...So saying that Canadians are saying that the CFL is a joke is a bit deceiving

No. 23 Author: dbroox

The CFL is a joke. What else can be said? First off, Maas > Ray. Now the info is out that Maas will be dealt just days prior to the Grey Cup. Terrible league. 

No. 62 Author: dommer69

Shady deals like this is why the CFL is a 2nd tier sports league. Edmonton got to strengthen their team for the playoffs in key positions while retaining the best player in the deal (Mass) for the remainder of the season. How could league officials turn a blind eye to that?? 

No. 6 Author: rj34

Does this surprise anyone? This is just an under the table trade to make up for Hamilton GIVING away Comisky and Davis earlier this year. I am getting truly sick and tired of the dirty and cheating tactics of the cfl. What is next, it saddens me to see what this league has become, a JOKE!!!! 

lilg, read very carefully about what you see, eyes are deceiving

No. 23 Author: dbroox

The CFL is a joke. What else can be said? First off, Maas > Ray. Now the info is out that Maas will be dealt just days prior to the Grey Cup. Terrible league. 

No. 62 Author: dommer69

Shady deals like this is why the CFL is a 2nd tier sports league. Edmonton got to strengthen their team for the playoffs in key positions while retaining the best player in the deal (Mass) for the remainder of the season. How could league officials turn a blind eye to that?? 

No. 6 Author: rj34

Does this surprise anyone? This is just an under the table trade to make up for Hamilton GIVING away Comisky and Davis earlier this year. I am getting truly sick and tired of the dirty and cheating tactics of the cfl. What is next, it saddens me to see what this league has become, a JOKE!!!! 

and if you notice, that was three people, either probably Americans who don't follow or people who are not CFL Fans.

I'm sure there was more, I just looked for 3 that I saw first to prove a point.

So people don't think the CFL can be taken serious after this trade

and if 3 people out of 63 said that the NFL is a joke, you'd think the United States was against the NFL as well? Point is a minority said the CFL is a joke, and those are probably the ones who do not like the CFL, shady yes, but you basically said the Canadians don't care about the CFL after one trade. Now if I asked %99 of the people here if they rooted for the CFL(which is about half Canadien) i'm sure they would say you're full of it and say they would root for the CFL no matter what kind of trade went down

I never said that canadians don't care about the CFL. What do other canadians think about this trade?

PS. lilg, And before this turns into fight between you and I. I am just going to ignore all posts made by you by clicking ignore this user button.

Guru, how is this a fight when all it is a fired up discussion, if you can't handle a debate stay out of the fire

I never said that canadians don't care about the CFL. What do other canadians think about this trade?

So why isn't THAT the topic title? The responses don't necessarily reflect the populus' opinion. The CFL despite it's growing popularity does still have their own issues, but then again every league does. If many you think those responses are out of control check the wrestling section....

I saw, I came, I left.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a rumour of a trade that might be coming up AFTER the grey cup involving the backup QB for a team competing in the game?

And if so, what's the big deal?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a rumour of a trade that might be coming up AFTER the grey cup involving the backup QB for a team competing in the game?

And if so, what's the big deal?

well it does say a league official is reporting the trade, and an official decline from the Edmonton Eskimos. So i'd say it's hearsay until after the Grey Cup.

Future considerations are part of many trades.

Future considerations are revealed after the trade--as they are future.

Maas going to Hamilton would be no surprise.

Chris pointed out in general what the article says-

Read it

A league source requesting anonymity said Friday night that Maas will indeed be dealt to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats following the CFL's title game for veteran quarterback Danny McManus and offensive lineman Tim Bakker, both former Eskimos.

MOJO Radio in Vancouver was also reporting the trade.

An Eskimos club official declined comment.

Maas's arrival in Hamilton won't come as a surprise. Speculation had Maas headed to Steeltown when the Ticats dealt running back Troy Davis and offensive lineman Dan Comiskey to Edmonton on Oct. 5 for receiver Brock Ralph, defensive back Tad Cody and a 2006 first-round draft pick.

It wasn't as if they just cooked this trade up yesterday or today.

It was done before the trade deadline--which needs to be earlier in the season, but that's another debate.

At the time the trade was made people were astounded the Ticats would trade Davis so cheaply-which led to speculation of Maas being the future considerations.

At the time the trade was made the Ticats were not going to make the playoffs, and the Eskimos wanted insurance in case Ray was hurt. What's the problem with that?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived