Detroit Concept #3

rmered

I suggested the LMU or Holden Lions in another thread, and rather than hijack that with my own concept, I thought I'd put it here.

This is the GM Holden logo in Lions colours, and reversed for football use.

IMO, it looks better than the current Lions logo, which I've never liked.

SO, for your C&C. The Detroit Lions.

The uni is a little Pats oriented, not that that's a bad thing.

Detroit-Holden.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I like the uniforms, but everyone seems to be going to the short stripes on the pants, i would like to see these with regular stripes, and the stripe on the sides of the home jersey should be white so it would stand out

And i actually am working on a lions one too lol

I like the uniforms, but everyone seems to be going to the short stripes on the pants, i would like to see these with regular stripes, and the stripe on the sides of the home jersey should be white so it would stand out

And i actually am working on a lions one too lol

It's funny, I initially did them in white and I changed it to silver because it stood out too much on the Home and not on the Road, and I wanted them to be the same stripe pattern on both.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Well, I like that you used navy rather than black, it looks much better while giving the same effect. I'm not too big on the logo, I think the circle takes away from it. I agree that standard pants stripes would look better than the short ones. I think the blue jersey stripe looks fine because it goes better with the pants that way. Nice work.

For the helmet logo I have an idea...

take just the lion, make him the same color blue as the background and make it large enough to stand out on it's own.

outline if you feel it inhances the look

somehow that circle logo just doesn't work for me on a football helmet. Even the Redskins use the feathers to go outside their circle logo.

Otherwise I love seeing original logos and artwork in concepts. Sometimes keeping the same logo and just changing the style can create a great concept but usually the best concepts IMHO come from original work like this. Great job!

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

i think people need to stop with the lions concepts..i think what they have now is fine and to be honest i havent seen a lions conept i have liked

I would imagine most here would disagree with you, and that's why there's so many. Most people think they can do something better.

You don't see any Chicago Blackhawk concepts, because there's very little you can do that would be better than what they have.

Detroit, you wouldn't need to do much and it would be an improvement over Blue, White and Electrical Tape.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

You see, that really doesn't make any sense. What you see as actually better some people may not. I would say that in most if not all cases the concepts look better the creator than the original. People don't make concepts that are just better to them and not anyone else. They make them because they feel the concept is better to everyone.

I like what I see. My only comment would be to drop the short stripe on the pants. I just don't see the Lions as a team that would go with a short strip.

Nice design

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

i think people need to stop with the lions concepts..i think what they have now is fine and to be honest i havent seen a lions conept i have liked

Well, that's a solid argument if I ever heard one. Everybody stop posting Lions concepts!! <_<

Okay, you think what they have now is fine. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Your name is MotownMadman. Assuming you live in/around Detroit (as I do) you should know that the general local consensus says the Lions set leaves a lot to be desired. All over radio/TV, the "Bubbles" logo gets bashed. The addition of black to the color scheme is arbitrary and forced, at best. There's definitely a lot of room for improvement, so why tell a bunch of design enthusiasts on a concepts board not to post Lions concepts?

Regarding the concept itself--Gosh, I would love to see the Lions adopt a similar depiction of a lion for their logo. That old-old-old school type of lion would go great with the idea I have of incorporating the Olde English D somewhere on the uniforms of all Detroit teams. A real secondary thing, like the Knicks wore the interlocking NY on their shorts years ago, but a lion/Olde English D combo would make a great helmet logo, I think.

i like the 1st concept better than the 2nd one. i am not really digging the second helmet logo as i was the 1st one. i think the 1st one seemed more regal and proper, something you would equate with a lion

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

The first Lion logo in the circle I really like. Not on the helmet, but that would make a great secondary mark.

I am in the apparent minority that likes the classic Lions' helmet logo. I would never change from that. I think it would be nice to go back to the original look with no trim. The helmets from the 1950's and 1960's are beautiful. Low-contrast, but still nice.

Archived