Topeka Tarantulas....auction..

GUINNESS

topeka

nice item.....

wasnt there somebody here close to the team or who did some design work?

They were going to use my jersey designs. but at the last minute they went cheap instead. Now they are defunct.

I personally went to every game and never remember seeing that thing inflated. A local company ended up buying that. They rent out stuff for parties and such. They said they will make it available to rent soon.

That definitely is the SF Spiders' mascot and wordmark. Weirdness. If I was in Topeka and saw that on the ice, that would have been sign #1 that this franchise was not long for this world.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They were going to use my jersey designs. but at the last minute they went cheap instead. Now they are defunct.

I blame their inability to sell merchandise due to a plopty logo. :D

agreed. I had plent of fans tell me they would have bought more jerseys if they used my design. Oh well, live and learn.

I find it odd that hockey failed in the Saskatchewan of the United States.

Does Kansas get called "The Armpit of America" then too?

Nope, that's either buffalo or Cleveland.

Actually, I thought that was the entire state of New Jersey.

I blame their inability to sell merchandise due to a plopty logo. :D

agreed. I had plent of fans tell me they would have bought more jerseys if they used my design. Oh well, live and learn.

Mind posting your logo and the one they actually used.

Hamilton is billed by many as "the armpit of Canada".

If only they knew how great it is here...

Our little secret I guess!

I've been to Hamilton.

Don't worry, I won't give away the secret ingredient either.

Oh, what the heck... it's smoky, dirty air that makes it so great! The Asthmatic Utopia, I used to call it (this was before it became known by it's current name back during the height of the Star Wars frenzy).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived