Detroit lions sketch

JQK

He's got a point re:Carolina.  The drop shadow looks surprisingly nice, though.  I'd rather see something like the old stripe with some black put into it (not just around it, like they lazily did).

In any case, nice work.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Don't misinterpert this as a traditionalist hating the inclusion of black in uniforms, but can anyone honestly tell me that the new Lions uniforms are more unique than the old ones without the black?  

I think the fact that white/honolulu blue/silver mixed in together so well without black was the best part of the uniforms.  Now they look just like Carolina, and with the NFL on a mini light blue/teal kick (Carolina, Tennessee, SD, etc.) they look so much less original with the black in the mix.

ack!  not another drop shadow team!  as much as it works on there, just dont do it.  mockba, that kicks butt!  the home is too close to carolina, but the roadies i do like!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The Cariolina thing is the problem with the Lions adding black. Poor old Panthers are stuck wearing black, and the lions have lost some of the simple uniqueness of the blue and silver by itself! That said the Lions don't look too bad with black included.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I hate the fact the Lions added black as well, but you guys eventually have to face it that they DO now have black as a part of their color scheme. You can't just say you don't like the black and POOF, it's gone. It's there, so we have to try and make the best of it.

All i am saying with this concept is that the way they added black to their uniforms sucks. It looks bad, and is just not attractive, and i thinkthat this concept looks better. The Carolina comparison is always going to be there because of the colors, they are very similar, so what can one do?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well, you're right, the black is there.  One thing I thought they could've done was resolve the problem with the sleeve stripes- now that the cuts of the uniform don't allow linesman to have sleeves that display the stripes, I always figured that the Lions could have made their sleeves almost like big, white-silvery crests or something.  Of course, the shoulder stripes is another solution too.  I like the white jersey you did better than the blue one for some reason.  Glad the stripes on the pants aren't swirly like the Broncos.

Frankly, King, I'd like to see you put a Panther decal on the helmet and see how it looks because I think you really have come across a very nice update to the Carolina uniform.

The J-E-T-S dropped black so there's always hope the Lions will follow suit.

PANTONE - now thats a homerun!!!  Great look.  

I still like JQK's version of the uni's .  There is the hint of Carolina, but still nice.  Drop shadow is the fashion now.  Still, I like JQK's work.  

Hey, JQK, how about redoing the uni's and using Navy Blue?

It's your baby, run with it! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived