Who's customizing mcfarlane's here?

rocketsan22

Just curious to know who here is customizing Mcfarlanes...I'd love to see some other people's work and ideas...please post links if you have them :)

I'm currently working on a custom Jim Burt with Gatorade jug seeing as he's the originator of the dumping practice. Also have an Andy Katzenmoyer OSU repaint on the go, a Roger Clemens Texas custom/repaint, and a T.J. Duckett MSU repaint. What are you working on?

I've done quite a few, and even sold one on eBay.  It put Griffey in a teal Mariners uniform.  Then the guy who bought it said some crap like it looked different than in the picture, and it wasn't perfect.  Kind of sucks after all the hard work I put into it.  In all, I have done 5 different players, all baseball.
dbacks.gif mariners.gif

I'm currently working on a custom Jim Burt with Gatorade jug seeing as he's the originator of the dumping practice.

Actually, Harry Carson is the one who started the whole Gatorade dumping.

The 1986 Giants are my favorite football team of all time.  I still have the NFC divisional playoff game against SF on VHS somewhere in my basement.  Man, what a defense!

And that, friends, is post #500 for me.  Where's my key to the executive washroom?

I'm currently working on a custom Jim Burt with Gatorade jug seeing as he's the originator of the dumping practice.

The 1986 Giants are my favorite football team of all time. I still have the NFC divisional playoff game against SF on VHS somewhere in my basement. Man, what a defense!

And that, friends, is post #500 for me. Where's my key to the executive washroom?

Actually we're both right...

gatorade timeline 3 (PDF)  

... The Gatorade "dunk" becomes legendary when players Jim Burt and Harry Carson dump Gatorade on Head Coach Bill Parcels once the Giants win Super Bowl XXI in 1987 ...

The 1986 Giants are my favorite football team of all time. I still have the NFC divisional playoff game against SF on VHS somewhere in my basement. Man, what a defense!

And that, friends, is post #500 for me. Where's my key to the executive washroom?

Actually we're both right...

gatorade timeline 3 (PDF)

... The Gatorade "dunk" becomes legendary when players Jim Burt and Harry Carson dump Gatorade on Head Coach Bill Parcels once the Giants win Super Bowl XXI in 1987 ...

OK, I'll accept a tie on that, however your source doesn't go back far enough as far as the roots of the dump -- the first time it was executed was when the Giants clinched the NFC wildcard  against Washington in '85. And then, during the waning minutes of the Giants' 17-0 defeat of the Skins in the 1986-87 NFC title game, Carson pulled off the dunk while "disguising himself" in a yellow raincoat from an on-field security guard and sneaking up behind the Tuna. That one was a solo dunk.

I customized a Shawn Green mcfarlane before...

it didnt involve paint though, but rather an M-80!  :D

Man, I'll jump on that bandwagon with you, that guy killed me this year... how do you go from 91 homers in 2 years, to less than 20...

Oh well...

grc

Hey, I loved that season by Green this year...  LA can take his $19million contract, and his .250 average...  I'm perfectly happy with Reed Johnson's .295 average and $300,000 contract replacing him.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

rocketsan22, be sure to post some shots when you complete what you're working on.

Does that Thunderpuck site have any tips and how-tos?

If it does I'll check it out.

Their server seems to be on the splits, haven't been able to log in yet...will post pics when I'm finished :)

I am working on a Troy Aikman... I'm a huge Cowboy fan... have been for years and I never saw a McFarlane of him ever. He looks great, though... just have to pull off the grass stains and some of the grime that the figures are known for...

i have been customizing McFarlane figurines for over a year now and have done well over 100.  if anybody has any questions, would like some help, or would even like to request having a figurine done please let me know.

here is a link to some of the figurines i have done.  these are pics of just the figurines, i am working on getting new pics uploaded that show them repacked with a custom backing (which i also do).

http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/pickalbum-cgi?coltsfan16

thanks,

mike

amk1616@cs.com

AIM/IM-amk1616

amk1616@cs.com

customized McFarlane Sportspicks

http://www.sportscustoms.net

Archived