Doctor: Palmer knee injury 'potentially career-end

jkrdevil

Geoff Hobson is the main writer/editor for Bengals.com and I think he sums up everything that I feel about the hit in his article this week. Yeah, he may be a good guy, but good guys do some stupid stuff too. He may not have done it on purpose, but he still went to far by wrapping up his legs.

Yes, the thing that bothers me is he grabbed Palmer?s ankle and appeared to drive his shoulder into his knee. I know the league is saying he got blocked into him, but it looked like there was plenty of time AFTER the block for von Oelhoffen not to take a shot at the knee. From what I saw, it wasn?t a bang-bang play. He fell, crawled, grabbed, and ripped.

Hobson's Choice

And, since we're on the topic of the steelers... how much of an inferiority complex do the steelers have? On steelers.com this week, they added their win and the Bengals loss to the AFC North Standings on their front page so that now they are in First Place in the division.

Cower also led the team in a "We Dey" chant in the locker room after the game. I guess Marvin called him Monday morning to tell him how disrespectful it was. This is going to be a good rivalry in the next few years.

... And all the Bengals fans go back into hiding.

Why would Bengals fans go back into hiding? We just got done with our best season in 15 years. Bengals fans have been through 15 years of hell, I'm still thrilled about the team. We're only going to get better.

Yeah, the bandwagon fans have disappeared, but the true fans are still gonna be there.

This is really starting to get annoying... I don't know what to believe now. Today, the doctor came out and said his words were misinterpreted and Palmer "has an excellent chance of being medically cleared for play at the start of the 2006 regular season." He said that he was describing the injury in general when he said its potentially career ending.

Paulos, however, assures Bengals fans that Palmer will be ready for next season.

"He did great," Paulos told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "He's already rehabbing. He's a great athlete. He's a stud. He'll be back in a few months."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2290916

This reminds me of that time Sam Wyche told Bengal fans not to throw stuff on the field by saying "You live in Cincinnati, Not Cleveland"
Can't believe you'd say something that tasteless. I grew up in Cincinnati and was there when Sam Wyche said, 'You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati."

Deja Vu. Anywho, it's a sad testimony if someone takes joy in another one's personal plight...Unless they're just a straight ass off the field, which Carson Palmer apparently isn't. And like I said before, he seems hellbent on getting back by Training Camp.

Cower also led the team in a "We Dey" chant in the locker room after the game.

The only thing funnier than that video is all the times the Patriots have come into Pittsburgh and beat their asses in AFC Championship games. Then Cowher cries like the little bitch he is.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Cower also led the team in a "We Dey" chant in the locker room after the game.

The only thing funnier than that video is all the times the Patriots have come into Pittsburgh and beat their asses in AFC Championship games. Then Cowher cries like the little bitch he is.

Cowher is overrated as a head coach if you ask me. He's got all these good Steeler teams year in and year out, yet can't win when it really matters. He's like 1-4? ... 1-5? in AFC title games (most of them at home) and one Jim Harbaugh completion away from being "O-for" in them. I'm thinking the Steelers would be just as good, if not better without Cowher in the sidelines.

6uXNWAo.png

Cowher is overrated as a head coach if you ask me.  He's got all these good Steeler teams year in and year out, yet can't win when it really matters.  He's like 1-4? ... 1-5? in AFC title games (most of them at home) and one Jim Harbaugh completion away from being "O-for" in them.  I'm thinking the Steelers would be just as good, if not better without Cowher in the sidelines.

How could you have home field in 92, 94, 95, 97, 01, and 04 and only go to 1 super bowl (barely). Only in Pittsburgh, in any other city his act would have grown old a long time ago. I don't go for his chin, spitting, and all that other BS. When a game matters that dude chokes.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

This reminds me of that time Sam Wyche told Bengal fans not to throw stuff on the field by saying "You live in Cincinnati, Not Cleveland"
Can't believe you'd say something that tasteless. I grew up in Cincinnati and was there when Sam Wyche said, 'You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati."

Deja Vu. Anywho, it's a sad testimony if someone takes joy in another one's personal plight...Unless they're just a straight ass off the field, which Carson Palmer apparently isn't. And like I said before, he seems hellbent on getting back by Training Camp.

Palmer is a good guy, great for the team, and great for a city (I lived there 1972-99) that has been s t a r v e d for a football winner.

To cheer his injury only serves to show how classless you ultimately are.

If he comes back, and the D gets improved, face it they wouldnt have gone deep into the playoffs with that D- this is a Super Bowl team in a year or two.

Palmer is a good guy, great for the team, and great for a city (I lived there 1972-99) that has been s t a r v e d for a football winner.

To cheer his injury only serves to show how classless you ultimately are.

If he comes back, and the D gets improved, face it they wouldnt have gone deep into the playoffs with that D- this is a Super Bowl team in a year or two.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. If they fit the pieces to the puzzle, the Bengals will be feared by everyone and their mother.

Super Bowl XLII

Cincinnati Bengals

vs

THE ATLANTA FALCONS

:P

Archived