Doctor: Palmer knee injury 'potentially career-end

jkrdevil

Wow, well at least judging by that article, Carson's gonna be hellbent on making it back from that injury. Truly was devastating, but he seems like the guy that's not gonna let that be the end of his career.

Well, according to the article it WAS career threatening, but no longer.

Paulos was able to repair the knee without removing pieces of cartilage or soft tissue, a good sign.

"The things that were torn could be repaired," he said. "They were not torn beyond repair. So he's got all his parts in there, which is good. We're optimistic, actually."

If rehabilitation goes well, Palmer could be running in a couple months and might be able to play in the first regular-season game, Paulos said. The 2006 schedule hasn't been set.

I still think he'll be back for next season based on what I've heard. I'm still optimistic.

But, I agree, the Bengals should draft another QB or we need to get a quality QB in free agency. Kitna most likely won't be back (even though I wish he would). Even if Kitna does come back, Craig Krenzel is not a QB that is going to win ANY games for us if he has to come in in place of Kitna.

He's a pocket quarterback.  What does he really need his knees for?

Well, first of all he has to be able to stand up without crutches..... :P

Yeah that would certainly help...

Man just when Cincy had turned the corner they get this. I feel bad for them. Hopefully the kid will come back.

BB52Big.jpg

Peak? how about the very beginning? He JUST came into his own this year, and had 15 years of good playing ahead of him. Hopefully he can recover fully.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

No need to grip, Cincy fans. The media's just putting a spin on this. This kinda thing has happened before to quarterbacks and they've come back just fine. Palmer will be back next season just as good as ever.

6uXNWAo.png

Just like Jim Rome said on his show today... this doctor is just trying to cover his ass. He says "It could be potentially career ending...but the surgery went well and he could be back for next season." If his career is over...he's right. The injury was career ending and theres nothing he could do. If he comes back next year...he's right. He did a great job on the surgery and saved his career.

I snuck into the steelers' locker room and stole their gameplan for the colts.

manning.png

Only kidding, what happened was not intentional, but unfortunate nonetheless. When my dad saw it his first reaction was that it was Greg Cook all over again. Since I am not old enough by 18 years to even be alive for that, I liken it to Kijana Carter. Hopefully he can recover and have more success after his return than Carter did. They say it's an 8 month recover period, it took Jerry Rice 6 so it can happen.

PvO6ZWJ.png

WOW, and people say the Browns are cursed.

As a person I say I hope he'll recover, but as a Browns fan I say YA BABY!!!

Can't believe you'd say something that tasteless. I grew up in Cincinnati and was there when Sam Wyche said, 'You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati."

In reference to your post, Sam might've had a point.

Cheering someone's serious injury. Amazing.

WOW, and people say the Browns are cursed.

As a person I say I hope he'll recover, but as a Browns fan I say YA BABY!!!

This reminds me of that time Sam Wyche told Bengal fans not to throw stuff on the field by saying "You live in Cincinnati, Not Cleveland"

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived