Election pop can labels

officeglenn

Okay, so at the newspaper where I work, my editor came up with an idea for a front page photo for next week with the federal election coming up: Set up something like one of those old Taste Challenge booths, except have one can reading Liberal and one reading Tories.

So I took it upon myself to make up some labels for the cans, and here's what I came up with. I think they turned out really well myself, especially the Liberal Coke one ...

liberalcokecopy.gif

conservativepepsicopy.gif

Anyone else here think the Bloc and the NDP should be represented by the "stubby" cans? cool.gif

I'm thinking more along the lines of "Jolt!" and "RC" colas...you know, they almost taste like a real cola, but not quite?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Here's the finished product.

This is the one we went with on the cover:

covercanscopy.jpg

But this is the one most people in the office preferred:

cover2.jpg

The second one was nixed basically because our publisher felt we were showing a bias toward the Liberals by reaching for their can.

The dude in the second photo is Olav, the editor here at the Saint City News and the creative genius behind the photo. He also did some Photoshop work on the cans to make them look seamless.

You can see a full version of the cover (and the rest of the paper, too) at our website at http://www.saintcitynews.com.

THOSE ARE SO SWEET! I'd love to get the real sized ones to print off and put on some cans. Those are just so damn cool, your my idol now.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

That is so damn cool! Could you do a couple for the Democrats and Republicans down here? If you do keep in mind the liberals and conservatives down here have reverse colors.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

that's cool that you did that, but where's the love for the NDP? Surely you could modify an orange Crush can for it.

.... and the Green party with a modified Sprite can :)

I suggest a water bottle :P

Β 

Β 

Archived