Panthers Bears

FiddySicks

Talk about laying an egg. The so-called 'Monsters of the Midway' got ripped to shreds by Steve Smith.

Now, as a Seattle fan, am I afraid of seeing the same thing happening? HELL NO! Without Foster running the ball, Carolina would become one-dimensional and Seattle will walk away with the NFC Championship and a trip to Detroit.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will begrudgedly root on the Seahawks, as they're a class team. The Broncos...eh, the Steelers...eh, and I obviously don't care much for the panthers.

Panthers fans, don't be too proud. The Bears literally handed it to you. They bent over and said "hey, just kick. Kick it hard." Charles Tillman gave you alone, by himself, 17 points. Enjoy the rest of your playoffs.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Panthers fans, don't be too proud. The Bears literally handed it to you. They bent over and said "hey, just kick. Kick it hard." Charles Tillman gave you alone, by himself, 17 points. Enjoy the rest of your playoffs.

are you for real?

why do all these good playoff worthy teams suddenly fall stupid and roll over when we come to town? i mean wasn't the no2 overall D supposed to stop the Panthers (regardless of how many perform at league leading levels) from topping the highest pts allowed, in their place, after a bye week, knowing what we just did to NYG, ATL, and a few other teams in the 2nd half of the season?

is our team really a suprise?

sure Davis didn't play, but still finished only 2nd in NFC (behind Alexander) in RB TDs.

Smith has done this all year and leads the league in WR TDs, reception yards, yards after the catch, can run a descent reverse, hell he'll even return punts (4th in return yrds).

the O-line is coming into a groove and should open a few gaps for Goings, Robertson, and maybe even a "He Hate Me" sighting or two.

all our QB has to do is play his steady, yet fired-up cajun stylee, game that the coaching staff calls in. easy, just don't make mistakes.

and i know, it helps having the 3rd ranked D in the NFL on our side.

so ok... we may look one-diminsional with Smiths gross stats, but come on, you know what was coming all week? do other teams not gameplan? but then we hear "oh, our team laid an egg" or "didn't come to play" or whatever, come on.

we'll keep rolling this years coaster till it ends, but it's been a fun ride so far (and not bad for the short 11 year history of the team, 3 NFC Champ visits, 1 SuperBowl visit... and maybe more).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Panthers fans, don't be too proud.  The Bears literally handed it to you.  They bent over and said "hey, just kick.  Kick it hard."  Charles Tillman gave you alone, by himself, 17 points.  Enjoy the rest of your playoffs.

are you for real?

why do all these good playoff worthy teams suddenly fall stupid and roll over when we come to town? i mean wasn't the no2 overall D supposed to stop the Panthers (regardless of how many perform at league leading levels) from topping the highest pts allowed, in their place, after a bye week, knowing what we just did to NYG, ATL, and a few other teams in the 2nd half of the season?

is our team really a suprise?

sure Davis didn't play, but still finished only 2nd in NFC (behind Alexander) in RB TDs.

Smith has done this all year and leads the league in WR TDs, reception yards, yards after the catch, can run a descent reverse, hell he'll even return punts (4th in return yrds).

the O-line is coming into a groove and should open a few gaps for Goings, Robertson, and maybe even a "He Hate Me" sighting or two.

all our QB has to do is play his steady, yet fired-up cajun stylee, game that the coaching staff calls in. easy, just don't make mistakes.

and i know, it helps having the 3rd ranked D in the NFL on our side.

so ok... we may look one-diminsional with Smiths gross stats, but come on, you know what was coming all week? do other teams not gameplan? but then we hear "oh, our team laid an egg" or "didn't come to play" or whatever, come on.

we'll keep rolling this years coaster till it ends, but it's been a fun ride so far (and not bad for the short 11 year history of the team, 3 NFC Champ visits, 1 SuperBowl visit... and maybe more).

Agreed. I'm having a difficult time wondering why some fans have such a difficult time accepting that their team wasn't the better of the two. I'm hearing the same things about the Broncos/Pats game.

IUe6Hvh.png

Based on what? New Englands turnovers, all but the Troy Brown fumble, anyway, were all forced turnovers. The Denver Broncos beat a team that "doesn't beat themselves", as I had heard all week, and now, suddenly, the unshakable Patriots team had been shook, yet the Broncos get no credit.

IUe6Hvh.png

I keep comming back to one thing - how is it that Ron Rivera didn't put Pro-Bowler Nathan Vasher on Steve Smith? How is it Tillman continues to get burned all afternoon? And when they finaly figure out that Tillman can't handle Smith, they put rookie Chris Thompson on him instead of Vasher :blink:

If I'm Rivera, I walk up to Nathan Vasher the day after the Bears find out they are playing the Panthers, and say, "your only job is to stick on Steve Smith like glue. He's the only guy who hurt us the last time they were here. Let's make it a 10 on 10 game, and you play one-on-one with Smith..." I got to imagine the results would have been better than what we saw yesterday...

Moose

Steve Smith should've been double and triple covered all day with a minimum of a corner and a safety on him and have a linebacker shadow. He alone accounted for their offense, it was ridiculous. The Bears handed it to them. Steve Smith ripped em one, and Lovie Smith deserves to be slapped for putting Chris Thompson opposite him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And THAT should finish it.

Grossman intercepted by Lucas.

And John Fox is going to coach the Pro Bowl, yay :grin:

This just in:

Holmgren and Cower to coach the NFL Pro Bowl teams this February.

d'oh

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived