Jets Hire Eric Mangini

Cujo

The first order of operation for Eric Mangini should be to clean house and get rid of coordinator Donnie Henderson and offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger. Those guys are terrible.

6uXNWAo.png

I bet the Pats didn't like their divisional rival to get their OC :P

Mangini was the Pats DC, but close enough. ;)

I don't think Belichick was super happy about this move because of the in-division rivalry.

I just wished Belichick replaced him with Jim Bates (in fact, I was hoping Bates would go to the Pats last year after Romeo went to Cleveland), but BB went with linebackers coach Dean Pees instead.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, DC.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think Belichick was super happy about this move because of the in-division rivalry.

I just wished Belichick replaced him with Jim Bates (in fact, I was hoping Bates would go to the Pats last year after Romeo went to Cleveland), but BB went with linebackers coach Dean Pees instead.

No worries, bro.

I also heard that Belichicken was actually trying to talk Mangini out of leaving New England at the last minute, citing that he was too young and inexperienced for a situation such as the one in New York.

6uXNWAo.png

I also heard that Belichicken was actually trying to talk Mangini out of leaving New England at the last minute, citing that he was too young and inexperienced for a situation such as the one in New York.

I heard that too. One report said Belichick laid out the pros and cons and let Mangini make the decision, and he really didn't encourage Mangini to take the job, which is quite awkward/unusual in the coaching ranks. Usually coaches are excited for their coordinators when they get HC jobs.

I heard that too. One report said Belichick laid out the pros and cons and let Mangini make the decision, and he really didn't encourage Mangini to take the job, which is quite awkward/unusual in the coaching ranks. Usually coaches are excited for their coordinators when they get HC jobs.

I'm pretty sure if there was a team in the NFL that Belichick didn't want to see his top disciple go to, it would be the New York Jets, the same team Beilchick himself screwed over six years ago.

I'm also sure that Belichick didn't want to see Mangini go because he is probably feeling the pressure now with the Pats dynasty beginning to fade and all his top coordinators (such as Weis, Crennel, and now Mangini) rapidly leaving his staff.

6uXNWAo.png

I heard Jim Bates wants to follow Mike Sherman wherever he goes if he can.

(Hopefully Buffalo??)

saBS.png

Romeo Crennel built that Defense with Belichick.

Mangini has been in the D.C. job for one season.

His Head Coaching experience is he was once in charge of a local team in Australia.

Good luck Eric. I think you're going to need it.

I agree with Rob. I wish him the best of luck, but there were rumors here in New England over the course of the season that Belichick, on more than one occasion, had to step into a few defensive meeting in order to "back" Mangini's defensive gameplans.

Honestly, I do wish him the best - except against us. The AFC East can officially be called The Belichick Division.

And don't think for a minute the dynasty is over DirtyCurty... lest we forget that the 49ers, the undisputable dynasty of the 80s, didn't win the Super Bowl every year from 1980-1989 :D

And don't think for a minute the dynasty is over DirtyCurty... lest we forget that the 49ers, the undisputable dynasty of the 80s, didn't win the Super Bowl every year from 1980-1989 :D

Maybe I need to remind you of the Cowboys' dynasty of the 1990s. I do believe they won the Super Bowl three out of four years (just like your beloved Patriots), followed that up with a loss in their first playoff game the next year, and soon after the dynasty was over. :D

6uXNWAo.png

Maybe I need to remind you of the Cowboys' dynasty of the 1990s. I do believe they won the Super Bowl three out of four years (just like your beloved Patriots), followed that up with a loss in their first playoff game the next year, and soon after the dynasty was over. :D

Of course, when you having Barry Switzer in charge of the dynasty, you don't usually expect it to last long. The Cowboys' fortunes may have been different had Jimmy stayed. And if half the team wasn't addicted to crack.

Romeo Crennel built that Defense with Belichick.

Mangini has been in the D.C. job for one season.

His Head Coaching experience is he was once in charge of a local team in Australia.

Good luck Eric. I think you're going to need it.

Good on him, i think he began coaching at Kew Colts (defuncted after he left in like 94) in the Victorian League, he won the championship as coach there....could be wrong but im sure he started here....

good on him, and he is at Ben Graham's team...perhaps we'll see more Aussies making the grade over there in the NFL

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Today, new Jets coach Eric Mangini decided to part ways with defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson

:woot:

... shortly after deciding to keep offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger on staff.

:cursing:

6uXNWAo.png

Archived