Winchester Pups

AAO

This one is alot better and more complete than some of the other ones you have done lately. Only things I dont like: paws look like flippers, uneven outlines, neck looks too thick the way you have it with the collar.

It doesn't look right that the dog appears to be leaping, but its face is completely calm and peaceful.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

-One thing that bothers me is the outline on the left side of the face, it looks like it bulges out a little too far.

-As was already said, the pup's motion is a little strange when the logo is without a wordmark. With a wordmark, it looks fine because the pup looks like he's climbing or peeking over the letters. Maybe try one where he's standing and looking straight at you?

-As for the color scheme, I like the white pup better, it matches the wordmark and looks sharper overall.

So overall, great work on the wordmark logo, but the pup alone could use some work.

The catapault comment has some merit. The Pup is definitely floating without the wordmark. This outline technique is getting lind of old, if you ask me; of the 7 most recent items in your porfolio, 6 of them use this same outline style. Your concepts have been lacking anatomical clarity and/or accuracy. The limbs, appendages, and other distinctive body parts seem to blend into each other far too much, which is okay if your doing like, a fish, or something else with that kind of anatomic characteristic, but I don't think it works in most cases. You would benefit from more pencil and paper studies to develop these concepts before they even get to Illustrator.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Haha I'm doing this for my little sister, she loves puppies so i'm doing this for the hell of it. Of course one's in my current favorite color scheme, and the other is in the ever popular dark blue/light blue/silver/white color scheme. Any feedback would be great.

Draft-WinchesterPups.gif

Looks good, I think it would look better if the pup was extending his paws out. Not necessarily in a way to make it look like its swimming, just to make it not look like it is dog paddling.

BTW is the Winchester for Winchester, VA?

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Yeah the pup isnt supposed to look fierce or anything, just trotting along all happy and what not. The catapult comment does make sense, it does look like its just leaping through the air on its own. I did struggle rendering the paws as well. And the blue on the left side of the face is his other ear.

Archived