Canucks Concepts

Coast2CoastAM2006

Canucks Home

CanucksHomeII.png

Canucks Away

CanucksAwayII.png

I did these back in january, I decided to stick the name and numbers on them and post them. I used the alternate shoulder template on their home and away temple. I made a slight alteration to the back to allow room for the name and number. I couldn't decide if i wanted to go with the rink-stick logo or the skate logo as the primary. I went with the skate as the primary and the rink-stick as the alternate, which i think they use already.

The name and numbers i use are from an unpublished story i wrote years ago.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I like these. The jersey's look nice, and the old logo looks pretty good in the current colours. Not a big fan of two blue's though (the bottom blue stripe compared to the main jersey blue) other than that, great concept

thanx. i wanted to balance the colors and not have dark blue over kill so i went with a blue thats on the alternate logo i found on this site. But I see your point on that though. I like their current uniforms and colors but I never warmed up to the current logo but never cared for the old uniforms and colors either. I wanted to go old logo with current colors and uniforms, tweaked up a bit using part of the alternate template. Though I did consider using a shade of green as a nod to the old 70's uniforms but was concerned about it being out of place.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

:shocked: Holy crap those are freaking sweet!

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

I'm still convinced that logo just doesn't look right if it's not red, yellow and black. I'm not knocking your concept in any way because I've also tried to do that logo in these colors, and I just couldn't get it to look right. Maybe the Nucks just need to go back to their old colors.

Your jerseys are pretty solid. The "outline" of the shoulder area may be a bit too thick.

First time poster, been checking out the boards for the last 3 weeks or so. Really like the old "Skate" with new colours concept. I can't stand that whale and have vowed not to buy any Canucks merchandise until that thing is gone -- and hopefully soon since McCaw is no longer majority owner.

In my opinion the Canucks have never really had a good looking uniform or logo set. The "Skate" was the best thusfar but to be honest it really is mediocre in comparison to many others. It's not as horrid as the Mighty Ducks or the Blue Jackets or the older Coyotes ones but that still doesn't mean I should be happy with settling for something 'not so bad.'

Anyways, I was doing a google search for the older Vancouver Olympics logo -- so I could show a friend how much BETTER that was than the current ugly thing -- and came across this logo for a golf course in the Victoria area. As soon as I saw it I thought to myself, "THIS is what the Canucks need... THIS looks :censored:ing cool!"

logo.gif

I say drop the "O" and the obvious top script, change the bird maybe to a Raven -- now that the NLL Ravens are gone I think it's fair game for a sports team here to use that animal -- and perhaps bring the wings in slightly closer. It's got a "V" and it actually looks realistic. But those are just my thoughts. I'd love to see how a logo like that would look on a jersey but I have no idea how to use photoshop or how to even get jersey templates.

I say drop the "O" and the obvious top script, change the bird maybe to a Raven -- now that the NLL Ravens are gone I think it's fair game for a sports team here to use that animal -- and perhaps bring the wings in slightly closer. It's got a "V" and it actually looks realistic.

So... a Canuck has been a flying skate, a killer whale... and now a bird? Why don't we stop morphing the name into things it's not, and go a different route. Something that may not be tangible, but gives it a more permanent identity, one that embraces what a Canuck is: a Canadian.

So as not to hijack this thread, I'll throw up the link to the thread with my last Canucks concept at the end. And for those who care, every possible color combo the Canucks have ever worn is included, so go nuts.

And for the new guy, :welcome:. Use the "Search" function, you'll find your templates. And you don't need to use Photoshop or a high-powered design program... some of us do OK in good ol' MSPaint.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=32301

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived