Martz Joins Lions. No, seriously.

CS85

Mike Martz Named Lions Offensive Coordinator

Martz joins the Lions After his Long and Successful Tenure with the St. Louis Rams

February 8, 2006

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli has announced the hiring of former St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz as the Lions offensive coordinator.

For the past week, there has been much speculation regarding the hiring of Martz as the Detroit Lions' next offensive coordinator. Marinelli announced his desire to add Martz to his coaching staff in a media session (Feb.1) in Downtown Detroit at the Renaissance Center. The recently appointed head coach talked about what Martz would bring to the table in Detroit and how he would improve the young Detroit Lions offense.

?That man has won and he knows how to move the football,? said Marinelli. ?The thing that is really impressive when he was with the Rams was his ability to run the football. If you look back; three of his years, 1999, 2000 and 2001, they led the league as far as yards-per-carry, net total yards, but when you carry; they did a great job with that.?

Since he has been named head coach, Marinelli has devoted as much time as he can to finding the right coaching staff to lead the Lions in 2006. With the hiring of Martz, Marinelli has completed the task of placing his two coordinators as he named Donnie Henderson (New York Jets) the Lions defensive coordinator earlier in the week.

?Obviously we know what [Martz] can do with the football, but he is a winner,? said Marinelli. ?He has won and he is a champion. These guys bring a presence to them in terms of winning and I think that is something that I am looking for. Like I said in my press conference, ?this is a still a ?show me? game.? These are good coaches and we have come back and we have to show and do what we do in terms of getting better."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

YES! I still vote for drafting Marcus Vick, only to have him assault Matt Millen. He's already a criminal, might as well go all out. All our problems are solved...well, an o-line would be nice, so Joseph/Garcia(whichever) has some time to throw.

Details of the contract were not announced, but they were believed to include a $1.5 million annual salary, the renaming of Detroit, "Martzville", the erection of a 100 foot statue of Martz outside of Ford Field, and of course, the key to the city of Martzville. :P

All joking aside, I wish Mike Martz luck, and if anyone can fix the Lions offense, it's him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This hire may sound good, but it's not. Martz probably doesn't wanna "second banana" to this Marinilli guy whos got ZERO head coaching expirience. Martz needed a job and this was the best offer since all the HC positions were taken. Look for the Lions to once again go 5-11 and for Martz to not be back this year.

6uXNWAo.png

this new guy starts the season 0-8. harrington throws the ball to anyone who isn't wearing a lions jersey, ugly tho they may be.

millen smiles.

the heats off him, and on the new guy.

oops, wait, who hired the new guy?...

discontent in the motor city..

and meanwhile, martz lurks in the shadows, waiting to sit in the Big Chair once again.

just wait.

I still think Martz'll have a heart attack as the Lions choke away games.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Details of the contract were not announced, but they were believed to include a $1.5 million annual salary, the renaming of Detroit, "Martzville", the erection of a 100 foot statue of Martz outside of Ford Field, and of course, the key to the city of Martzville. :P

Still better than a statue of a 100 foot erection...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived