More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

• The Bulldogs will be trialling a clash strip in the NAB Cup that is red, white, and a darker blue than their usual royal. It is claimed to be "a throwback to the past"
  • Richmond has added yellow side-panels to its silver NAB Cup guernsey. Something similar I'm guessing to their updated training strips:
    wbFOOTYtigers_narrowweb__300x418.jpg
  • St Kilda have (apparently) followed the lead of Hawthorn and are extending their stripes up the back of their jumper with a white panel for numbers. The Saints are also switching the arrangement of sponsor logo and club crest.

(Source: Realfooty)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • St Kilda have (apparently) followed the lead of Hawthorn and are extending their stripes up the back of their jumper with a white panel for numbers. The Saints are also switching the arrangement of sponsor logo and club crest.

If its the Away jumpoer its ok, but if its the home, nah no way.....actually ours have been on sale and i've seen them nothing's changed but the sponsor and logo positions

Richmond and Bulldogs i dont care about

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

[*] The Bulldogs will be trialling a clash strip in the NAB Cup that is red, white, and a darker blue than their usual royal. It is claimed to be "a throwback to the past"

Footscray-1944.gif

1944-1945 jumper would be a good reference point.

Either that, or they've finally taken the advice I gave them a few years ago and are wearing their triple premiership VFA jumper. 1898-1900. which they won the premiership in every year they wore it.

(Though I don't know how that would have anything to do with a darker blue.

Footscray-1898.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Re: Doggies new strip... apparently there is one on display at the Club Shop and can also be seen in The Age.

From someone over at BigFooty: "Top third of the jumper is red, middle third is white with a Bulldog logo and the bottom is of course blue. From memory I think the back of it is white."

So where Sam Lane got "throwback" from is unclear...

Richmond's silver jumper shenanigans give me an idea (though I agree, theirs sucks). It doesn't work for them to begin with, and the hand-drawn tiger doesn't help matters any. Just like that crappy orange jumper the Doggies had last year.

the Doggies, this new jumper sounds like it'll look sharp, but I'd have to see it first.

the Saints, I'd assume the striping change is only on the road jumper, as the home is solid black on the back.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Samantha Lane's article would have to be one of the poorest researched pieces I've seen in recent time.

- Yes, the Bulldogs did wear Ochre (Origin Energy) jumpers last pre-season, but they also did wear them in the season proper, against Geelong.

- The Red White and Blue thirds jumper is not a throwback, I reseached their history on behalf of their club and have found nothing like the jumper described.

(This was paid work too, so I would describe it as fairly official.)

The closest I could think of would be the 1999 Pre-season jumper, which was very ordinary.

http://bomberblitz.com/~rmered/images/Footscray-PS-1999.gif

- The Richmond jumper does not only have Yellow stripes down the sides, it also has a monochrome Tiger logo, not the club logo.

- Collingwood do have an AFL approved Clash jumper, it's the reverse of their Home jumper.

- I spoke to a person from StKilda about the article and they said it was the first they'd heard of changes to their jumper, and that she probably means the existing jumper that's been their Away jumper for 2 years. The jumpers for sale at the club have the white number panel, perhaps they are changing the backs of those, but that would be the first the people who work for the club have heard of it.

Apart from the quotes from the various people she interviewed, everything else contains errors. With the exception of North Melbourne, who have dropped the stripes from their Away and Clash jumpers.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

ah yes we aren't changing! is essendon bringing out a clash?

Of course not.

We've worn the same design for 133 years, why change now that some other teams have caught on to what looks good and want to look like us?

Essendon will be wearing a modernised version of this:

essend2.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 3 weeks later...
anymore updates on the jumpers for the 2006 season?

Well, Adelaide have released two of their new adidas inspired jumpers.

Both are on my website.

Adelaide also have an Away jumper to reveal.

Collingwood are using their 1990's jumper as a Clash jumper this season.

Hawthorn's Away jumper will be the proposed Heritage jumper for last year, which was so well received in R 4, they decided to not use it in Heritage week, but to make it their Away jumper. However, it will look more like the existing Home jumper on the front, and the stripes in the back will not be on the sides of the jumper.

Apart from that, I don't know of any changes that will be made.

The good news is, the AFL have told me I can have the vector artwork of jumper designs once they've been released to the public.

http://www.footyjumpers.com if you don't know my site.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived