Big legit project-poss. paying gig

umlegend

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my entry to the fray....the Grand Blanc Bobcats

http://www.jimdesign.com/gb.html

I kept the bobcat footprint- it is a real footprint from a Bobcat, so it's not like it's a generic paw. I tried sketching a bobcat head but I wasn't happy with it. Clemson has had a paw print on its helmets and it looks very good. I just added "GB" on it, but this way it can be used on every sports uniform, and even works as a logo for a baseball cap.

I wanted to be a little flashy, but not too flashy with the uniforms. Someone posted before that the busier a uniform gets, the more money it will cost. It is high school after all, and uniforms should be quick to produce when they get ripped and need to be replaced. Simpler uniforms can be repaired or replaced quicker than complex ones.

I also kept the colors as Black and Red. Why change everything? I'm sure past alumni and residents of Grand Blanc know the town as Black and Red. In my town, all town teams are Green and White (with a little Yellow and/or Black for effect). Everyone knows my town by the green and white. Might as well leave colors for the most part as/is.

So even though the logo itself is not too flashy, I think simplicity can work. The numbers and lettering on the jerseys can add a little creativity to things, not always using block numbers.

I can mock up basketball and baseball too if you want...there can also be some consistency between those major sports, even for hockey (if they play it there).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

vladdy, those look pretty cool, maybe too futuristic....what was that sega genesis futuristic football game called? whatever it was, your uniforms could have been in that game....that's not a knock, i like them a lot.

49er I see some possibilities with your ram, but it's head still seems a bit fat.  The horn also looks to be coming from the middle of his face.  Improvement over the first though.

MikeB7 do you think you could add this circle with a G like I did on the pic below.  Also, it is kinda hard to see the feather part of the helmet since it is the same color as the background.  I like the change from yellow to metallic gold though.  However a more navy shade of blue (think Notre Dame) would be a bit better.  Also, try one without the black.  Great job overall.

glogo1.jpg

Joel, I like it.  I would keep the # of men at 1 or 3 and try to make them bigger.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Joel, I like it. I would keep the # of men at 1 or 3 and try to make them bigger.

there's 5 men for a reason, the number of men (gladiators, perhaps) on an offensive line....the number of players on a basketball team on the court....the number of skaters (not counting the goalie) on the ice. just my reasoning, but i can change the design if you want.

Ahhhh, never thought of it that way.  That's pretty smart.  Well, let me suggest one other thing.  If you switch to metallic gold, you can color their armor in the same color.  I would like to have it done both ways in case they aren't receptive to the color switch from yellow to gold.

Cool.

MikeB7, another thought came to mind. I like the font on your original Gladiator concept.  Try that.  Not sure if 2 color script would work or not, but I know the font was sweet.

I have a hand drawn Rams idea that predates zealot's posting of his, very similar... I'll see what I can do...

Some edited Kearsley stuff... first, links to the old stuff (for comparison):

Kearsley Hornets Logo

Kearsley Hornets Wordmark

...and the edited stuff (lighter blue, no wordmark stripe):

Kearsley%20Hornets%20Primary%20Logo.gif

Kearsley Hornets Primary Logo

Kearsley%20Hornets%20Secondary%20Logo.gif

Kearsley Hornets Secondary Logo

Feedback?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Wow Sy...that word mark is something else...my hat is off!  Just curious, is that the same font used in the ESPN logo?  

Vlad...nice aproach on the jerseys...although I gotta say the orange alternate reminds me of a prison jump suit...all in all though a very solid concept.

Looks like its time to start working on my Martians logo...

Wow Sy...that word mark is something else...my hat is off! Just curious, is that the same font used in the ESPN logo?

Actually, it is an edit of the Blade Runner movie font.

Thank you for the kind words. I've got to get studying for my Marketing mid-term tomorrow, but I'm compelled to start on my own ram...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived