Big legit project-poss. paying gig

umlegend

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STL's template in the template thread... coffTFAQcoff

I tried that before but wasn't successful cause I was looking for a eps or ai file..

but after your "encouragment" ;) I tried it again and found it.. so I guess I have to thank you?! ;)

I like the shield idea.  But I think the silver part needs to be made smaller, the orange inner circle larger, all in order to increase the size of the viking head.  Maybe add some shading to give it a 3D effect because right now it kind of looks like a roller hockey puck.  Good work on the Viking...very intimidating.  Good use of empty space.  That head would look really cool on an orange helmet I think.

Thanks for the critique guys. I have had a very busy weekend...I only had time to look at the comments, no time to do anything with them.

I will rework some of the uniforms within the next few days (is there a deadline?)

As far as the numbers go, I know it's a bit gimmicky to have "scratches" in the numbers, but this way they stand out a little more than normal. The numbers could even be "scratched" as one color, even with silkscreening perhaps, rather than double outlined tackle twill.

I'll see what I can do and post the new version soon.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

There is no deadline.  As soon as I get good options for these schools, I will start going to them.  By the way, I may be adding another school.  Central High School in Flint has no mascot, I believe.  I am gonna check on that today.  They wear red and black, and they were the Indians, but after last year, they got rid of that name and have yet to replace it as far as I know.  Their rivals in Flint are the Northern Vikings, the Northwestern Wildcats, and the Southwestern Knights.  I was thinking that they would need something cool and creative.  I like the idea of Samurai, Bucks, and Stampede (elephants maybe).  I went to Animal Kingdom this past summer and saw a lot of animals that would make good mascots.  One was the Impala (which is a GM car, GM is what Flint was built on) and I can't think of any of the others.  But, I like the idea of territory that hasn't been explored by other teams before.

I will post as to whether or not this school is added.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

It's a go. I just got off the phone with the principle and they haven't even had committee meetings on it yet. They will take new ideas, and even if they decide to go in a different direction, like they pick a different animal, they will keep us in mind at that point for logo concepts. I asked her what a school would pay for something like that and she kinda said she didn't think they would. So, I guess, what I would say, is if they used one of our concepts, they sign a uniform contract with me and I could then give a portion of any money made at that point to whoever's logo is chosen. This is pretty exciting. I may try to get them to pay for something, like a poster of the logo, and send it to the designer, and keep a copy for me as well. Well, guys, while we need to keep working on the other schools, let's put some thought into this one. If you need inspiration, there is probably stuff about the history of Flint, Mi online.

I wouldn't go all-out trying to simply "create" a replacement identity for Flint Central High School. Administrator's at the high school plan on having the student body select a new mascot towards the end of the current school year. It appears that the school will go without a mascot for the 2003-2004 academic year, launching a new identity package next fall. Bear in mind that once they've selected the new mascot, they're going to be in the market for new uniforms... potentially, across the board.

Brian in Boston

Have you been reading online? Must have been checking the validity of my claims. :D You probably posted before reading my followup post. The principle said submit her ideas and when the group (prob. some faculty, coaches, students and alum) meets to discuss ideas, she will present whatever I send her. Then, like I said, if they choose a different mascot, she'll keep us in mind for that logo (especially after she sees the quality of our early submissions) They do plan on having multiple identities to choose from. I plan on each choice being from us! If they want three possible mascots, they may tell me to come up with a logo for each and let the kids pick from those. I am more positive about the possibility with this, than I am the others, because instead of saying, here is a better logo than your current, they have NOTHING! This is good!

As far as a whole new identity package, I would say, keep the colors Red and Black. Maybe add an accent like gold (like Ottowa Sens). They don't necessarily want all new unis because they said some don't say Indians, they just say Central, so, keeping colors the same saves them a ton of money.

*edit-add-on

I like the Raider GMac. Not sure about the silver though.

Silverbacks, you are the man with those helmets. Is there a site for that or do you just do it? Try making a navy one with Sy's Ram horns. Also, how about an orange one with GMac's Raider/Viking (no circle, just the head). Thanks in advance.

*GMS-I would think that your dream would be 1122 posts!

Yeah, that's cool. Anything thatcomes out looking good is worth showing. I mean, if I send a booklet of 3 ideas and they are all sweet, then we look like pros. If there's 10 ideas or 2 thats still cool! Obviously, the more the better.

Archived