Big legit project-poss. paying gig

umlegend

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not bad...better execution on the horns than I think my design managed...and certainly a much more realistic depiction.  All the same...I feel its missing the momentum and energy of some of your other designs (or the wordmark for that matter).  While I know you felt my lightning references to be gratuitous...I'd go so far as to suggest the integration of more lightning bolts (or similar elements) in your design.  I think this comes down to two different artist with two different aproaches/ideas...good job!

Sy, I feel this way about all your designs in this thread...

They are wonderful logos. Great for school logos. However, seeing as this is primarily for football right now, I don't think forward facing logos work particularly well. I think side views are best.

Zealot, with your Ram, I think you have to much lightning. Keep your side view, and keep your horns, but look to some of the realism in SyPhi's logo, and try to add some. I think that would make an excellent football logo.

Once again I'll be the first to post a design and have someone top me...lol... i give you my Cardinals design... simple yes but effective...lol im not quite sure on teh colours let me know umlegend... any suggestions on it

cardinals_copy.gif

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

They are wonderful logos. Great for school logos. However, seeing as this is primarily for football right now, I don't think forward facing logos work particularly well. I think side views are best.

I've used an angled view in much of my stuff for a rason. As a school, do they really need a different logo for eac team? I don't think so. These may be primarily for football, and sideways logos work good in football, but don't work well at all in hockey, and, to a lesser extent, baseball. I figure they can put the wordmark for Powers on the helmet if they want a more horizontal forward form. I figured an angled point of view makes for a happy medium.

I appreciate your concern, and believe me, I've thought about it and am by no means confident that my way is the best, but it's the best I could come up with.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

With football, baseball, and backetball, original template uniforms aren't extremely expensive for high school teams. However, original template hockey uniforms are expensive, so were should create hockey designs using templates from NHL and minor league teams. For example, the powers chargers could wear Islander jerseys with their logos on it.

Syphi:  To make the ram logo easier to put on jerseys,helmets,etc.  I'd shorten up the body/chest.  On a football helmet, the logo is too small using the current design.

I've used an angled view in much of my stuff for a rason. As a school, do they really need a different logo for eac team? I don't think so. These may be primarily for football, and sideways logos work good in football, but don't work well at all in hockey, and, to a lesser extent, baseball. I figure they can put the wordmark for Powers on the helmet if they want a more horizontal forward form. I figured an angled point of view makes for a happy medium.

I appreciate your concern, and believe me, I've thought about it and am by no means confident that my way is the best, but it's the best I could come up with.

A good explaination, but I still feel that it's possible for a school to have more than one logo. Sure, you think about it and most don't, but we have the ability to do it for em, so why not?

Now, I did realize that for the Powers Chargers I like the idea of a Ram-Bolt horn on the helmet anyway, and so then your logo would be fine in that instance.

As for GMac's logo, it's really nice, and great for a high school, but SHB, do you really think it's an improvement over the Arizona Cardinals logo? I love their logo. It COULD be fiercer, but I like it. I think the fact that they need a uni update so bad sometimes gives people the idea that they need a new logo too. They don't.

Gotta go with the first one...most certainly.  The new version really interupts the rhythem of the peice...the curve of the neck on the first version echoed the curl of the horn really well.  I understand your intent with the revised version, but I think you end up sacrificing too of the design for only a marginal gain (if any).

Stick with the first version of the logo. It is absolutely the better of the two. I would add the bit of white on the left ear from the 2nd version.

I think that the first version of the logo is "dynamic",

"active", "aggressive"... and suitable, as is, for a football helmet.

I don't throw praise around lightly, so take this for what it's worth: this is one of the best rendered concepts I've ever seen on this board.

Brian in Boston

Havent got too much feedback on the cardinals... well except for SHB... i couldnt decided which version of the logo looked best with the word mark... its very simple... but thats the way i do things

cardsword.gif

www.pifflespodcast.com

and i guess ill post these football unis before i go to bed too... jammed these together quickly when the idea came to almost a 49ers hommage with the pants and helmet....lol...

cardsfb_copy.gif

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived