Big legit project-poss. paying gig

umlegend

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Silverbacks, you are the man with those helmets. Is there a site for that or do you just do it? Try making a navy one with Sy's Ram horns. Also, how about an orange one with GMac's Raider/Viking (no circle, just the head). Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the compliment.  I'll see what I can do...

My .02 on 'Impalas': I'd hate for my team's nickname to be the offshoot of a commercial branding. Besides, impalas are wussy creatures :P Not that mikeb7 shouldn't give us an impala concept or anything, I just don't like the name. Strictly .02.

Looking at Michigan state emblems...they're largely very boring. State bird = robin, state fish = brook trout, state game mammal = white-tailed deer, state reptile = painted turtle. The state fossil is a mastodon though - Central Mastodons? (no, you're right, I can hear the nicknames already...)

Some more ideas:

Central Jets

Central Cannons

Central Devils/Demons

Central Crushers (a rhino?)

Glad to hear you're gonna throw something in STLFan. I'll get back with you on the jerseys.

Ok, for Central...1st there is a team in the CBA named the Great Lakes Storm, that used to be in Flint and moved up the road. That came to my mind quickly, but it probably isn't a real option.

As far as Impala go, they may not be fierce, but they are VERY athletic. I found this online,"Impala are known for their leaps when running. They are able to jump a span of over 30 feet and as high as 8 feet." (Notice when not referring to cars, the plural has no s, it's still impala) The bucks would be fine, but this is a similar animal that is far more exotic. They are reddish in color, so we just use the schools color of red. I think using the horns, you could make a pretty cool helmet (they use the Michigan helmet right now-how original). I am not stuck on Impala by any means, I am just explaining its validity as an option.

Other options I have thought of, (some previously mentioned) have to start with the Stampede. This is like Sy is saying, a bit more modern sounding. It could go different directions, I prefer elephants, but maybe since the state fossil is the mastadons-thanks Primal, I didn't even know that- we could have a stampede of them. While looking up Impalas, I stumbled upon something else thats pretty unique. I saw these creatures on TV a few weeks ago and thought they'd make an interesting mascot, but had forgotten about them. I am referring to the Wildebeasts. Too wierd of a name and too long, so they could be the Central Beasts. Hmmm, not sure about it now, but maybe. You could do another cool helmet with the horns. Oh well, it's an option. I also like what a minor league hockey team did with the name Gorillas. That's pretty cool, but I'm not sure if it would fly in high school though. Idiots from other schools might take to using this in a negative way toward the black players. See, that is where it gets hard. You have to think about how some moron from another school might twist your name and turn it against you.

As for a human mascot, I like Samurai. This isn't an oriental area, but it isn't Norwegian either, and another Flint school uses the Vikings so, hey. Since Flint was built by the auto industy and half the people in Flint work at a factory, I've always liked shop rats. :D , but it's more suited for minor league stuff. Well, all opinions appreciated.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

I might, but I've been really busy lately, and working on the cpu one-handed has not been fun... If that's what you need, I'd be happy to try to get it done... I'd probably increase the size of the P... my one little beef is that the bolts depicted in the logo and in the wordmark are rather dissimilar.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Well, I'm sure you'll come up with something.  Don't feel rushed, though.  If you're busy, you're busy.  Take your time, man.  I love your site by the way.  I checked out every bit of it the other day.

I like it. A few suggestions. Since they are often in mid air, I would like to see a full bood shot. This head maybe with a wordmark, would make a great secondary. You know, I can see this being a lot like those teams with a main logo that put the 2ndary on all their stuff. Nonetheless, a full body would be good in addition to this (using the same head probably). The only other thing is, try a truer red. I know it won't be true to nature, but hey, neither is a purple buck or a blue lion.

Noticed one more thing. I have trouble telling which ear is foreground and which is background. The size tells me, but that's it.

edit:add on

Try longer antlers too.

preview of my impala concept.. NOTE: not finished

Hey that cute harmless little mammal looks like he could almost do some damage now - good job!

When I look at the head, I see a german shepherd. Yes, with antlers, but I see one nonetheless :) Could the head be a little more pointy, and with less of a forehead? (http://www.southwestbirders.com/africa2/impala%20head.jpg is a decent side-on picture of Mr Impala if what I'm suggesting sound like gibberish!)

I'm also not sure you need the black shadow over the face - keep it on the neck though. I know that will probably mean more detail in the face, but I think it would be an improvement.

Just saw a pic of Power's current fball uni. It is like Miami's kind of, with a lightning bolt going front to back on each shoulder. We could do 100x better with Zealot or Sy's stuff!

JDog, still want the email or are you gonna postr through Sabers.  BTW, thanks for the offer Sabers.  I appreciate the help.

GMac, I like it.  At minimun, that's a great 2ndary.  It could be a great primary with work.  Could you do a full body as well?  Good start!

Hello, I am a new member to the forum. I have been reading and looking at the great work on here for about a month now, and I am finally coming out to show some of mine, however good or bad it may look. Anyways, the point is to have fun isn't it? Well, here is my idea for the Flint Central Stampede. I also used the elephant head for mine, but I used gray and red instead of black and red (this can be changed easily).

Here it is:

http://www.geocities.com/lightbluevale/stampede.html

Critique away!

Dude, that's good!  Black is needed because Northern High, one of Centrals rivals use only red and gray.  Gray might work as a third, though.  The red needs to be true red too.  I think maybe we do need to make Central the priority.  As soon an we get a good number of quality concepts I am going to schedule to meet the principle.  

You can do whatever mascot you want, except Knight, Vikings and Wildcats, those are the other city schools' mascots.  Does the Samurai interest anyone?  I imagine a sun on the horizon with a black silhouette of a samurai holding his sword with both hands over his head parallel to the horizon.  The horizon that the sun is setting on is the word Central.  What do you think?  I can see it in my head, just can't get it on the screen.

Archived