Big legit project-poss. paying gig

umlegend

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, perhaps they'll play Pile of Electronics Tech in the future.  Anyway, I think your hornet logo sketch is terrific.  The only thing that might be an issue is the stinger.  Keep in mind that this is going to be a high school logo -- when you viewed from the front, the stinger will give many an adolescent an opportunity for juvenile tittering.  Therefore the school might prefer the creature to assume a different pose.

Wasn't it PoE State (and on a related note, Homestar's Knees Tech)? Ahh well, not important.

I understand your point. I was trying to go for a Karate Kid/Matrix-esque pose of arms spread out, poised to strike, but it will obviously need some reworking.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

OK, here is another concept.  This one for Davison's football uni.  I would like to see a gold Philly type helmet for them.  They have this really strange looking Cardinal on there now.  It looks like a baby bird, no lie.  Well here are the unis.  What do you guys think?

djersey1.jpg

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Did another one...this one is for Carman-Ainsworth basketball.  This is design style I came up with for bball jerseys in college.  First time I did it on PC.  I used GM's CA logo although it got screwed up when I shrunk it.  Feedback appreciated.

cabb1.jpg

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

I have my Flushing Raiders logo and football unis...GMS' and mine turned out very similar, even though I didn't see his until today and had mine last night. Oh well... I had the secondary done before I realized "Shields make more sense with Knights, not Raiders..." but I already had it done and figured a flag would garner Bucs-like attention. Anyway, here they are...

Copy & Paste:

Logo Package

Football Unis

Should be getting unis of the other sports up soon, critiques, comments, suggestions, as always all of that stuff welcomed!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

OK...finally had some free time to work on some designs (in part because its my birthday and I've enjoyed myself to the point that doing "constructive" work is out of the question).  All of the designs are for the Swartz Creek Dragons (which is interesting in its own right seeing as how quite a few others have chosen to start working with them as well).

For starters I descided to draw from the design on the helmet, converting the S into a stylized dragon in profile.  The C was then moved down and "under" the dragon providing a more self contained design.  Unfortunately I couldn't resist the urge to add a third color (two-tone designs tend to be hard to pull off, and three is a nice round number) sadly in the conversion process what I had intended to be a dark hunter green has since become black (or just about as close to it), while this isn't necissarily a bad combination it is a bit overdone, so I'll try and get a greener version up shortly.

To see the designs go here:

http://students.usm.maine.edu/andrew.goodman/scdragon.gif

http://students.usm.maine.edu/andrew.goodman/s-dragon.gif

http://students.usm.maine.edu/andrew.goodman/dragonhead.gif

http://students.usm.maine.edu/andrew.goodman/cimage.gif

Lastly, while I do enjoy creating logos, I acknowledge the fact that my uniform design (at least in everything except hockey) is quite lacking, and as such I'd be more than happy to "tag-team" with another artist in developing some uniform concepts.  

As always, feeback is greatly apreciated!

Trogdooooooooore!

I like it hockeyzealot. You're going for something similar to mine, with the staggered lettering. I will be releasing my Illustrator-ization of my above logo, and we'll see what develops. I also incorporated black. If the helmet is red, you're only really left with white as a distinct colour, and that just won't work most of the time.

-What I like about hockeyzealot's:

Neat dragon; incorporation of the letters; sleek look

-What I'd like to see in hockeyzealots (ie. things that I've tried to do with mine):

maybe a little depth in the dragon (hard to do with only 3 colours); the C to be emphasized a little more (no pun intended, but it is rather overshadowed by the S/dragon); flames (one of a dragon's most telling and impressive qualities has been largely overlooked)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

All good points...hopefully I'll have the same series but with integrated flames shortly.  Also, I'd like to try out the designs with green rather than black (kinda like the old school devils) since the red-black-white does seem a bit common.  As for adding depth, I've always had a problem with that, my style has been refered to as being "tribal" and I must admit I draw alot of inspiration from non-western design schemes.  This tends to work well in a limited color set, but tends to lack the crispness of more color intensive designs...ultimately habits are hard to break.  The "C" I'll just have to experiment with, perhaps add some white or red accents to bring it out more.  Lastly, helmet color never really occured to me, then again I'm not used to thinking in a football (or baseball or basketball) context.  Just curiouis...what about a white helmet?  Is that allowed...or is it generally frowned upon?  Anyway...I need to hit the hay.  

Thanks again!

SyPhi, that's really good. Only thing I can really point out is that it's kinda squared off, especially the wings. Zealot, it might look weird...but you could try to make the S the dragon's body and the C it's tail. That might work, but I dunno...

No comments on mine?  :(  I thought I'd at least get a "It's close to GMS" or "It's kinda plain"...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived