Big legit project-poss. paying gig

umlegend

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok here's an idea for the Flint Carman-Ainsworth Cavaliers....its simple but its my first full Illustrator drawing...so tell me what you think :)

fcacavs.gif

I think that would make for an outstanding secondary mark, especially with the school initials, but I think we could use the sword idea to flesh out a 'Cavalier' a bit more... maybe have a sword-weilding horse-riding soldier or something?

Great, *sharp* logo GMS.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Martians and Dragons definately strike me as being the most interesting projects of the lot, although I can see the challange in the Bobcats too (its hard to be creative when dealing with something so ho-hum).  Unfortunately I don't know when I'll have the chance to work on any of them as school has been keeping me uber busy (thesis thesis thesis).  Some interesting stuff thus far...I look forward to seeing what turns up.

Great job guys. I like what I see.

GM- That is a sweet logo-prob 2ndary. In Michigan (maybe everywhere) when discussing a school not named for its local they throw on the city but it isn't really part of the name. So, my few suggestions would be try one with no F, and try one with the F in the middle. That is a great first effort btw.  Also, they use more of a true blue and try silver either instead of sky blue or added to it.

GMac- I like the Dragon. See if you could possibly get SC involved somehow. It may or may not work. Also, fire may or may not work with it. Great start.

SCHelmet-Goodrich uses a Trojan like Martian, so not sure they would do a 180 with their logo. I'm thinking maybe we keep their Trojan helmet, but get rid of the human looking profile, without looking like Marvin the Martian. But, if you want to keep working on the alien like logo, go aheah. I will show them anything.

Uniforms-I would concentrate on basketball and football and as third options baseball and hockey. As for hockey, the schools that play it are Davison, GB, Powers, Swartz Creek and I think Goodrich may too.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

yeah by no means was I done with my dragon... I was planning on adding SC to it... just wanted opinions on what you guys think of it... a friend of mine says it looks too much of a tatoo, just making sure its logo worthy.

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

GM- That is a sweet logo-prob 2ndary. In Michigan (maybe everywhere) when discussing a school not named for its local they throw on the city but it isn't really part of the name. So, my few suggestions would be try one with no F, and try one with the F in the middle. That is a great first effort btw. Also, they use more of a true blue and try silver either instead of sky blue or added to it.

IM ON IT!  :D

GMS love the CA logo! It's a keeper!

GMAC I know the dragon wasn't done, but I made this anyway (even though I said hockey wasn't more than 3rd priority as far as unis go-couldn't help myself)

SC-That dragon is good for not being illustrator.  Kinda retro!

creekhock.jpg

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Two hand drawn concepts that I wanna post before I flesh them out, lest I be wasting my time.

(Edit: See next page for remote loaded pic, or click the link... it's been changed, so the following comments may not make sense.)

Preliminary Hornets design

PrelimDragons.gif

Preliminary Dragons design

I've been thinking about turning the lowest section of the hornet slightly to bring out the curve and the stinger better, but that would all happen when I Ill it. The dragons one I kind of like, but I might have trouble with the eye area. (As you can see, when I have trouble with an area sketching it, it usually ends up in a greyish blob of indistinctiveness.)

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Great work everybody. One note on GMac's dragon... it looks like the evil dragon half of the Axe body spray logo. Can anybody confirm this?

...and no, my dragon is not projectile-vomiting... it's supposed to be fire.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived