The WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC trophy is uneveiled

Gamingboy

That looks pretty cool.

Does anyone know who gets the trophy after a winner is decided? (President, Baseball Federation President, etc.)

If I was a world leader of the contry that won, I would bring it to the UN meetings, sit next to some of the other baseball countries, and put it down right on the desk.

That looks pretty cool.

Does anyone know who gets the trophy after a winner is decided? (President, Baseball Federation President, etc.)

If I was a world leader of the contry that won, I would bring it to the UN meetings, sit next to some of the other baseball countries, and put it down right on the desk.

nah, Steinbrenner will find a way to keep the trophy ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I've found some more pictures of this Beautiful trophy.

Tommy Lasorda and Felo Ramirez admiring it

A view of it from the front (or is it back?)

Tommy Lasorda admiring it

If the WBC ends up being a one-shot event (which I doubt will happen as long as Bud Selig or one of his cronies remains in office), I hope that this trophy becomes considered as the trophy should a "True World Series" between MLB and the Japanese Leagues ever occur.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

The trophy does indeed look great, and I also wonder who gets it. Does each player on the winning team keep it for a couple of days? That's be exciting, right? You can't drink out of it or baptize your child in it, but you could...rub it against stuff.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I hope that this trophy becomes considered as the trophy should a "True World Series" between MLB and the Japanese Leagues ever occur.

Can't be a "true World Series" if it's between a Major League champ and a minor league club.

I love Japanese baseball, but it's nowhere near the majors.

I don't know. It looks fragile to me, which a trophy shouldn't, and it also looks like it has lots of sharp edges. (Even if they're not actually sharp, I don't see a way to pick the thing up that won't hurt. Again, not a good characteristic for a trophy.) Plus the proportions are all out of whack. The top is just too big for that base. It looks like it will topple over in a breeze, and a world championship trophy should have a more substantial bearing.

I just can't imagine seeing players do this when they win the trophy:

trophy.jpga_gruden_i.jpgcup10.jpg

And if you can't do that, what's the point?

Nice paperweight. Bad trophy.

20082614447.png

Archived