MLS traditional overhaul

Krona

well, i guess the terms of this project are out of my hands, although i invited everyone in. i was hoping for a european style overhaul. no nicknames, sponsers if you please, but no wordmarks. use templates if you wish, but id like to see people build their own templates for the kits. it'd be refreshing to see new, original layouts, instead of one persons take on a template. not to mention, its a good experience to build your own template, and thats what we're all here for, right? practice, experience, ideas?? go nuts with numbers, crests and whatever else youd like to work into it, but keep that traditional european style in mind....primary, second kits are a must, with a third optional. itd be nice to see a large detailed badge as well. possible nicknames from the supporters would be alright as long as they dont show up on the uniforms.

i believe u have to PM one of the mods. i know which one(s) but the names escape me now...grrr (sry mods lol)

you actually have to PM zoneranger to apply for approval, and then upon his approval you must PM a mod to pin in up

We need to get this contest underway...why is this just sitting around...Start it up!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Ok so I'm getting anxious for this contest to start. i've been doodling ideas in school now and getting yelled at even lol. So, i just thought i'd put up what, from my reading in this thread, the rules should be and such. if i make any mistakes in my interpretation, please correct me.

CONTEST OBJECTIVE:

To create a new logo and kit for the following:

1) rebranding of a current MLS team

2)a new MLS team in a possible expansion area

CONTEST RULES:

-NO WORDMARK ON JERSEY! we're europeanizing here lol

-Consistant font (MLS font provided by Gordie_Deleni)

-Possible to create own template for kit but, if like me, you're not so skilled at that, a template will be provided

-All work MUST be ORIGINAL (thats usually given)

-All logos/names must be europeanized in some way (ie: crest, badge,..) (no cartoonish figues or dumb names like clash lol)

-One entry per person

-No posting elsewhere for C&C

iffy rule (meaning i didnt know the answer, up to you guys)

-ability to change logo design once posted....

CONTEST TIME:

start:___________ finish:____________

VOTING:

-after the contest ends, there will be a poll thread put up with all entries. After_____amount of time, top 10(?) will be taken and will be voted by a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place basis to determine winner

PRIZE:

-championship sig

(if anyone else wants to propose a prize...go for it)

Like i said, if i messed up something or was too vague on things etc. voice ur oppinion and if you'd like i'll change it. im just ready to get this thing going!

OK. Well, I guess I'll go first. This is one of the dozen or so American soccer teams I've made up, and this one just has a special place in my heart. So, here's the team:

Capital Sporting Club of Washington

Champion's League

...and now the afterword. Sorry, but I'm not too sure how to upload pictures any better, so you may have to copy and paste the links. Also, there are some big gaps in the 80s and 90s, but watermarks on kits done with MS Paint are not fun -- so none of those. The template is heavily modified by me over the past 4.5 years, and was originally based on Roger Clemente's hockey template. I kept his sig as the tag...mostly out of respect and sloth. Um...other than that...um....I think that's about it. With any luck, this'll get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

Archived