MLS traditional overhaul

Krona

I'd like to get folks on board for a project changing the MLS. with exception of a few teams (FC Dallas, Chivas, DC United, and,choke, even Real Salt Lake), i'd like to see the teams with european, or at least traditional sounding names, crests, etc... anyone want to jump on board? i was thinking existing teams and possible expansion.... I'll take Los Angeles.....

Color me there too B)

I think my Motor City FC concept would get a bit of an update....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

well, like shades said, we had an idea for this, so i'm in too with Rose City FC (you may remember the concept from a while ago, but there will be all new kits!). The MLS Adidas kit templates are apart of my soccer templates that i've done, so you can check them out there. There should also be a blank template for those of you wishing to go outside of those manufacturers - I myself will use the newest Nike style, as used in this year's World Cup. Anyone wanting the MLS font set I created, I will post a raster version here and figure out a link to upload a vector version.

OD_Signature.jpg

• 1 month later...

Let's get this contest started...I'll give the KC Wizards a shot.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

question: how much like euro football are we going to make it? is it up to each of us, or should we all be going to the same level? i'm talking about in terms of having sponsors on the front of jerseys, a universal number font, and kits with completely different color schemes. thanks.

question: how much like euro football are we going to make it? is it up to each of us, or should we all be going to the same level? i'm talking about in terms of having sponsors on the front of jerseys, a universal number font, and kits with completely different color schemes. thanks.

i think this is meant to creat different identities, not necessarily use the same number font and such.

well, if its a more european style, we're talking sponsors on the front, yes, no wordmarks - i'll be posting the MLS font for those who want it, not a necessity tho. I would say that a standard number font is more european, but standard fonts are NOT used across the board in european leagues. England, Scotland and France use a standard set, but Germany, Italy, Spain, and Holland do not. So its up to the designer if they want to use the standard set. I would encourage the use of center chest sponsor logos, but that's not necessary either. The US is the only soccer nation to have the wordmark of the team featured on the chest, and to have wordmarks at all. Feel free to go crazy with sponsor logos too a la the finnish, swedish, swiss and austrian leagues. Really, it's all about crest and kit designs. I'll post some more manufacturer temps, not just the big ones either. It will include a couple Hummel kits, Joma, Diadora, maybe an Uhlsport. We'll see.

OD_Signature.jpg

I'll post some more manufacturer temps, not just the big ones either. It will include a couple Hummel kits, Joma, Diadora, maybe an Uhlsport. We'll see.

Let me know when this happens. I'm planning on coming up with several kit designs for a team I'm hoping to start in Arizona next winter and the kits you've put out already are really helpful when drawing the concept up.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived