Local helmet site for missouri...

This is interesting.  What the heck is that Howell helmet?! Argh!  I know they were generic before, but that's just bad.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Friggin' cool - this is great! the Kansas City Area helmets are correct so far.

I like it, thanks for passing it along. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Hey guys.....

thanks for the compliments on the site....1991 has been a BIG help in getting me information on helmets I can't even seem to find many pictures of...It's been kind of tough doing some of these helmets, as I have designed many of the logos myself....unfortunately, I'm not able to do this stuff in Illustrator, which is one of my goals, but I've managed fairly well, so far...

STL Fanatic...I would greatly appreciate any help you can possibly give in acquiring information/logos for teams in your area...I'm badly in need of St. Louis area teams and I'm particularly interested in Riverview Gardens and Ladue Horton Watkins, who have logos similar to the St. Louis Rams, but are a little different...which I can't duplicate...if you can help in any way possible, let 1991 or myself know...

KCScout76....ditto as with the St. Louis area schools....I'm very much in need of many Kansas City area schools, as well...if you can help out in any way with them, let us know...Many of the KC schools, I can't even find pictures for, let alone information or logos...

as far as I know, there are high school helmet sites now for Georgia, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, South Carolina and Missouri....

I would like to add past years helmets to the site (a few I can do, since I have pics of some) and I do want to add "fantasy" or  "concept" helmets as well...I just wanted to concentrate on the current helmets for right now, since I started the site from scratch...after things slow down, I'll have time to do some of those things...I've been very busy working on some of the helmets you gave me information for and others....right now, I have 30 helmets ready to upload with about 15 left to do...since the site has been up, I've been getting a LOT of pics and information for helmets to do....I really appreciate your help in getting some of this information...if not for you, I'd have no information at all on some of these schools....thanks a lot....

SCHelmetProject....I love your site and visit it often...

Mockba....I kind of agree with you....pretty plain and generic helmet for a team nicknamed the "Vikings"....Parkway North is identical to the Minnesota Vikings helmet, except the yellow "sliver" next to the horn is white...this is one that I will be uploading during my next update....got that info from the head coach himself...

Again, thanks for the comments and please.....if you can help in anway in obtaining logos or any information, let one of us know....

Mike

Webmaster for The Missouri High School Helmet Project

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Cool info, Mike.  I'm a Howell graduate, and I remember they used to just have "FH" helmets, with the small Viking head.  I always thought they were kindof blah.  Now they've gone to something worse, it seems. *heh*

Good luck with the site!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hi,

I have updated The Missouri High School Helmet Project with 36, count 'em....36 new helmets to the site. I still around 18-20 helmets that I have enough information for to design and add to the site. I appreciate all the input and help with information/pictures/logos to get these helmets designed and posted. My next update will be next week some time when I get these other helmets completed. There are still many more helmets left (around half) to do, so get me information on your teams helmet if it is missing....

Thanks,

Mike

The Missouri High School Helmet Project

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Archived