Another Mooterus Sighting!

KrazyHorse

the stars will wear the mooterus one last time, april 3rd, against the san jose sharks... for the few sick individuals out there, you can buy an authentic mooterus with #77 turgeon on it for about a nickle. nothing expresses the disappointment that was the stars in recent years like a turgeon mooterus... at starscenter, it's cheaper to buy a turgeon mooterus authentic than it is to buy a blank replica home.

How cheap are we talking?

i saw a couple on sale for like $40 a few months back.

Can we talk business?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

the stars will wear the mooterus one last time, april 3rd, against the san jose sharks... for the few sick individuals out there, you can buy an authentic mooterus with #77 turgeon on it for about a nickle. nothing expresses the disappointment that was the stars in recent years like a turgeon mooterus... at starscenter, it's cheaper to buy a turgeon mooterus authentic than it is to buy a blank replica home.

How cheap are we talking?

i saw a couple on sale for like $40 a few months back.

Can we talk business?

Don't make me smack you...

I hope this isn't the last season for those. I think they should replace their regular jerseys with it. It is a superior design and the logo is much more creative.

BAD! Go to your room now! :upside:

Seriously, I respect your opinion and all, but what redeaming value do you see in that sweater?

I hope this isn't the last season for those.  I think they should replace their regular jerseys with it.  It is a superior design and the logo is much more creative.

Seriously, I respect your opinion and all, but what redeaming value do you see in that sweater?

I sort of agree with him, but not for a team named the Stars. I think for a team named "Bulls" or "Longhorns" it would be an awesome look.

I hope this isn't the last season for those.  I think they should replace their regular jerseys with it.  It is a superior design and the logo is much more creative.

I sort of agree with him, but not for a team named the Stars. I think for a team named "Bulls" or "Longhorns" it would be an awesome look.

except that it's obviously not a longhorn... at all...

Maybe they could foist these off on the Fort Worth Brahmas of the CHL...

It'd work a lot better for them than for the Stars...

Glad to see the "Mooterus" is getting the proper treatment one does with something of that nature (that is, flush it down..nobody likes it when someone leaves a floater)...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

We don't censor opinions on this message board... but dude, you're just... wrong.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

Personally, I would like to see a white version of that jersey. Maybe the Stars can add that as a 4th jersey and slowly transition them to being their regular jerseys. Their current unis are really blah and remind me of the old Minnesota North Stars. Time for a change in Dallas and this is it.

Maybe they could foist these off on the Fort Worth Brahmas of the CHL...

It'd work a lot better for them than for the Stars...

Glad to see the "Mooterus" is getting the proper treatment one does with something of that nature (that is, flush it down..nobody likes it when someone leaves a floater)...

The Ft. Worth Brahmas are a farm team of the Stars so if the Stars did want to "keep it in the family" maybe they could persuade the Brahmas to change. I wouldn't bet on that though.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

I hope this isn't the last season for those. I think they should replace their regular jerseys with it. It is a superior design and the logo is much more creative.

im inbetween on this one, i do think the logo is quite dumb, but i like the jersey and i do like some features of the logo. keep the jersey style and edit the logo a little, and its a great jersey!

Personally, I would like to see a white version of that jersey.  Maybe the Stars can add that as a 4th jersey and slowly transition them to being their regular jerseys.  Their current unis are really blah and remind me of the old Minnesota North Stars.  Time for a change in Dallas and this is it.

heaven forbid a team's uniforms remind you of that very same team's traditional colors.

should we take masterton's number out of the rafters, too? just to keep things "hip and fresh"?

Maybe the Stars can add that as a 4th jersey and slowly transition them to being their regular jerseys.

In truth, no team needs an alternate jersey in any sport. All they need is one uniform for home games, and one for road games. For football and hockey, this doesn't even require a 2nd pair of pants/breezers. Teams that wear alternates do so mostly for marketing; it doesn't do much to enhance their identity, which should be easily established by wearing the same uniform (home and away) for every game. The alternate is simply that, a change of pace from the customary uniform. For God's sake, most European soccer clubs have one uniform, and a 2nd uniform designated as a "clash kit" in case the club's primary design too closely resembles the other team's kit too much to differentiate the sides.

That said, you cannot possibly have a defensible reason that a team needs an alternate for an alternate uniform. The very reason we have uniforms in the first place is to identify which players are on which teams. A team shouldn't need a wardrobe full of choices to accomplish that. :therock:

Furthermore, the Stars have great sweaters. They modified the original team colors into something that looks sharp on the ice and when worn by fans. The logo works, and the star design is ingenious (even if borrowed from an old All-Star Game model). I own one, and I am impartial to the Stars.

If they were to change, it shouldn't be to a contrived "constellation" (which looks nothing like Taurus, the only constellation named for a bull) that doesn't look like the longhorn steers associated with Texas but in fact, more resembles a woman's reproductive organs, and uses a color unseen anywhere else in the team's identity package (red).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Maybe the Stars can add that as a 4th jersey and slowly transition them to being their regular jerseys.

In truth, no team needs an alternate jersey in any sport. All they need is one uniform for home games, and one for road games. For football and hockey, this doesn't even require a 2nd pair of pants/breezers. Teams that wear alternates do so mostly for marketing; it doesn't do much to enhance their identity, which should be easily established by wearing the same uniform (home and away) for every game. The alternate is simply that, a change of pace from the customary uniform. For God's sake, most European soccer clubs have one uniform, and a 2nd uniform designated as a "clash kit" in case the club's primary design too closely resembles the other team's kit too much to differentiate the sides.

That said, you cannot possibly have a defensible reason that a team needs an alternate for an alternate uniform. The very reason we have uniforms in the first place is to identify which players are on which teams. A team shouldn't need a wardrobe full of choices to accomplish that. :therock:

Furthermore, the Stars have great sweaters. They modified the original team colors into something that looks sharp on the ice and when worn by fans. The logo works, and the star design is ingenious (even if borrowed from an old All-Star Game model). I own one, and I am impartial to the Stars.

If they were to change, it shouldn't be to a contrived "constellation" (which looks nothing like Taurus, the only constellation named for a bull) that doesn't look like the longhorn steers associated with Texas but in fact, more resembles a woman's reproductive organs, and uses a color unseen anywhere else in the team's identity package (red).

well said.

and i'd like to add a bit about the stars primary logo.

the stars primary logo is nothing special. it's pretty simple, maybe a little bland... but it looks wonderful on the front of the sweaters. i can't think of a better way to have the team identified, than that logo on the front of those sweaters.

alone, the logo leaves a little to be desired, but i still love it. it's simple. it doesn't have 12 shades of green, to make it 3d... it's not the predators alternate logo, and that's why i love it :)

I agree with you that no team needs an alternate jersey (outside of soccer) but the whole reason behind them is the almighty dollar. People buy alternate jerseys, especially if they are worn on the field/ice. Only when people stop buying them will they go away. If then.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

Archived