Another Mooterus Sighting!

KrazyHorse

No, the Stars said that they've been a flop, and have already decided not to wear them next year

Since they are such a flop, why not stop wearing them now?

I would guess they still have alot of them to sell if they are such a flop, and buy wearing them, the are still "current" and then hopefully people will buy them.

SEAsig.png

No, the Stars said that they've been a flop, and have already decided not to wear them next year

I think they must've missed a deadline with the league office.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

TCR is right, the Stars missed the deadline to dump the third jerseys. This means they are required to wear them this season. I believe they are wearing them the minimum amount of times they are required to.

I guess I'm in the minority here, becouse I really like those. Not the logo as much as the jerseys, but I like both of them.

the jersey template doesn't bother me as much as the logo. its wrong for the team. it may work as a third for a minor league team like the fort worth brahmas or any bull related team name but not for a team called the stars.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

the stars did not miss any deadlines.

the NHL and the Stars came to an agreement that for 3 seasons, the stars had to wear these sweaters no less than 8 times a year.

after they unveiled them, they were met with almost complete and widespread disapproval from the fan base. a couple mooterus supporters are out there (although i'm not sure why), but by large, stars fans hate this sweater.

they hate the logo. they hate the colors... no one seems to mind the actual jersey design, but with a bovine uterus on the chest, and a color mixture that's a little bit minnesota wild, a little bit oakland raiders, the uniform as a whole is not a fan favorite.

but as i said, the stars did not miss a deadline. they were told to wear it 3 seasons. they wore it the first year (every friday night, even though fans hated it)... then the 2nd season, it was a lockout... the NHL was kind enough to let the stars count that as a full season. then in this is the 3rd season. the stars announced they'd wear it 8 times. the minimum allowed by the league. the game against the ducks was #7.

the stars will wear the mooterus one last time, april 3rd, against the san jose sharks... for the few sick individuals out there, you can buy an authentic mooterus with #77 turgeon on it for about a nickle. nothing expresses the disappointment that was the stars in recent years like a turgeon mooterus... at starscenter, it's cheaper to buy a turgeon mooterus authentic than it is to buy a blank replica home.

You know what would be cool? If Bobby Cox said "I hate these stupid red jerseys, so we're not gonna wear 'em." Who would tell Bobby Cox otherwise?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the jersey template doesn't bother me as much as the logo. its wrong for the team. it may work as a third for a minor league team like the fort worth brahmas or any bull related team name but not for a team called the stars.

The whole uterus thing is terrifying and wrong, but it's the constellation Taurus (the bull) on the front. It's a stretch, but there is a connection.

1zgyd8w.jpg

the stars will wear the mooterus one last time, april 3rd, against the san jose sharks... for the few sick individuals out there, you can buy an authentic mooterus with #77 turgeon on it for about a nickle. nothing expresses the disappointment that was the stars in recent years like a turgeon mooterus... at starscenter, it's cheaper to buy a turgeon mooterus authentic than it is to buy a blank replica home.

How cheap are we talking?

How cheap are we talking?

i saw a couple on sale for like $40 a few months back.

Archived