HUGE upset in the NCAAs

ryguy3285

i dont know if anyone is paying attention to the frozen four but Holy Cross beat Minnesota last night which I would say that its like a 15 beating a 2 bc the gophs were the no two overall seed............im loving this becasue i am a University of Minnesota-Duluth fan and its great because if you look on Uscho.com and the picture has all the North Dakota fan cheering which is awesome........but the one thing that bothers me is that ESPN didnt mention this at all and i think that if they are going to be the "wide world of sports" that they are i think that this is a big deal so that is really kind of a bummer............and this brings me to my next point is why doesnt ESPN broadcast any regualr season games........i mean i turn on my TV on a saturday night and i see them playing some Random college basketball game when like a Minnesota-Wisconsin tilt is going on........does anyone have any explaination for why they dont play it (and no one say that no one would watch it)

I caught some of the game and Minnesota really went to sleep on HC's third goal that made overtime possible. Minnesota was so hot going into the WCHA playoffs. I did not see any of the WCHA Final Five, but I guess they just layed an egg.

As for them not acknowledging college hockey, I am going to defy your order and say that very few people would watch. We love the border battle up here (I grew up in Minny and went to UW), but you can catch that on Fox Sports North. Nobody else cares. Even in places like Michigan and New England, they don't care about MINN-WISC. They just care about their own sport.

If I had my way, every NCAA Hockey tourney game would be on ESPN/ESPN2, but hockey is a fringe sport in the US.

Actually, here in Minnesota between Fox Sports and ESPNU, most of them are on. Frankly, I am just content and suprised that they even show the final four (I HATE the term Frozen Four) on ESPN/ESPN2.

Now let's just hope the Badgers don't suffer a similar fate today!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well, I got lucky enough to have one of my channels here have both the UNO-Boston U. and the BC-Miami of Ohio games last night.

I'm glad the Mavs got in, but that was pathetic they way they lost to a bunch of pansy ass Terriers! Dude, they beat Michigan... Michigan. That has to hold a lot of weight compared to whatever Podunk conference BU won.

They showed highlites of the game (the OT goal) on Sportscenter Saturday evening.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

What a crap way to end a season. :censored:.

I know everyone can't win every season, but you at least like to go down fighting in the frozen four after winning the conference championship.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

What I got a kick out of were the photos of Holy Cross players celebrating their winning goal against the Gophers, and Sioux fans celebrating in the stands.

There is no love for the Gophers in Grand Forks when it comes to hockey.

Archived