I got dat Fire, homes

Discrim

I decided to get this done early last month, so now finally I unveil this set

RheinFirehome.png

RheinFireroad.png

RheinFirethird.png

the fireball used on the jerseys is the one that was...well, used on the front of the 95-97 jerseys. I used stripes (maroon/black on home, gold/white on away) cus I felt like it, and I added a black jersey for the hell of it.

fire away (pun intended) B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

These are great. There different, but very tastefully done. Lightyears ahead of the crap that whole league wears now.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The fireball on the front of the jersey is ridiculous, just like when the WLAF did it for real. The stripped jersey looks a lot better than I thought it would. It adds a European "football" flair to the outfit. Nice work.

The Champion-style "7" on the all-black alt is enough for me to love this concept. :D:

Any reason the flames on the jerseys are so markedly different from the helmet flames? I actually prefer the ones on the fronts of the jerseys to the ones on the helmets, which IMO always remind me of white seaweed.

Nice Barcelona Dragons allusion as well...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

logodawg: thanks :)

Hat Boy: heh, I'll agree to disagree (though I did think it looked somewhat ridiculous on the Monarchs. basically a so ridiculous it's good way). it's somewhat of a shame the Berlin Thunder didn't exist in 95, cus the uniform would have been ugly as hell and we could laugh at it :D wait, the current Thunder uniform's sufficiently tacky

VitaminD: I'd wondered about that myself, but I wasn't able to make a decent comparison (and hence, a decent version of the big fireball) until I found a 96 Fire jersey on ebay. why they're so different? heh, I didn't design the thing, so I'm only guessing that either the smaller one looked better on the helmet, or they didn't want people thinking they were the Birmingham Fire relocated. come to think of it, the big one does look kinda like Birmingham's fireball.

how did I allude to the Dragons? :) cus in 95 and 96 everybody, even the Monarchs, wore big-logo jerseys. 95...also notable for the only year the Admirals used any green on their jerseys (it remains in their logo)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Damnit, Discrim, I had that freaking stripe idea sketched out while I've been away the past couple of months! I was inspired by your NFL Summer League thread to create something similar for NFL Europe. Lol, no worries. If I had to pick someone else on this board to give "summer league" jerseys justice, it'd be you. ^_^b

galaxy.png

Archived