Defunct Leagues

brooksdiamond

Just curious how many people that visit this site can claim what I can claim. Not to brag, just to

find out if anyone has attented at least one game in the following defunct leagues: WFL, ABA(old aba), WHA, USFL, and XFL? I have. You'd probably have to be at least 42, I guess, as I am. I

saw the Indiana Pacers play the Kentucky Colonels in the ABA, I saw the Indianapolis Racers

play the Cincinnati Stingers in the WHA, I saw the Orlando Renegades play the Memphis Showboats in the USFL, I saw the Philadelphia Bell play the Florida Blazers in the WFL and I saw the Orlando Rage play the Chicago Enforcers in the XFL.

just to find out if anyone has attented at least one game in the following defunct leagues: WFL, ABA(old aba), WHA, USFL, and XFL?

ABA: Kentucky Colonels vs. Spirits of St. Louis in Cincinnati

WHA: Cincinnati Stingers ve. Indianapolis Racers; Quebec Nordiques: Winnipeg Jets (w/Bobby Hull); New England Whalers & Houston Aeros (both w/Gordie Howe); Minnesota Fighting Saints

USFL: Tampa Bay Bandits vs. New Jersey Generals in Tampa (1984)

No XFL or WFL.

Just curious how many people that visit this site can claim what I can claim.  Not to brag, just to

find out if anyone has attented at least one game in the following defunct leagues: WFL, ABA(old aba), WHA, USFL, and XFL? I have. You'd probably have to be at least 42, I guess, as I am.  I

saw the Indiana Pacers play the Kentucky Colonels in the ABA, I saw the Indianapolis Racers

play the Cincinnati Stingers in the WHA, I saw the Orlando Renegades play the Memphis Showboats in the USFL, I saw the Philadelphia Bell play the Florida Blazers in the WFL and I saw the Orlando Rage play the Chicago Enforcers in the XFL.

You're amazing, a real legend. Can I touch you?

Is the current womens professional league the WFPL? WPFL? They played their national title game here at Papa John's Stadium. It was $10 to get in and I thought about going for the event, but I think did something more productive. Like order pizza.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

i have a friend who worked for the Toronto Toros of the WHA..and saw alot of the games... and as well has a set of the seasons programs from their first year...

as well i did see a game ABA at Maple Leaf Gardens..was and exhibition game..that i dont recall the teams..but think. was Kentucky Colonels.. and someone..

I can add the original WLAF to your list, though it's not really defunct.

The New York/New Jersey Knights let pretty much anyone in the press box, as long as they wrote a story. I was with a suburban weekly newspaper as its sports editor. On one side of me was someone from a paper in Japan that spoke 3 words of English. On the other side was someone from an alternative weekly which focused on environmental issues.

I know, it's OT, but I'll throw this in: The Orlando Thunder uniforms were as bright green in person, too! They wore them in NY/NJ as the Knights wore black.

i have a friend who worked for the Toronto Toros of the WHA..and saw alot of the games... and as well has a set of the seasons programs from their first year...

as well i did see a game ABA at Maple Leaf Gardens..was and exhibition game..that i dont recall the teams..but think. was Kentucky Colonels.. and someone..

Did the Colonels play the Memphis TAMS/Sounds/Pros? I know Memphis played Georgetown in Toronto before the Raptors came to "gauge" basektball at that arena, but I want to say the story at the time was that this wasn't the first time a Memphis team had played in Toronto.

Defunct Leagues I've seen:

USFL- several New Orleans Breakers games in 1984

IHL - several Atlanta Knights games in 1993-1995

NASL - Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Philadelphis Fury, night before Easter, 1980

Is the CBA defunct yet? :P

It is what it is.

Went to 3 XFL games, my company had season tickets to the Las Vegas Outlaws. The cheerleaders were hot, I got to meet Brian "The Boz" Bozworth and ended puching the drunk guy sitting behind me in the nose. All and all, a pretty good time. ha ha! The only thing missing from this lil' slice of heaven was the monster truck and the tractor pull. ha ha

Archived