Cincinnati Bengals concept

Dave Ship

i hate to say it, but the only thing i feel you got right with this concept was the amount of combos the team needs to feel secure. the design feels boxy to me, in a way i cant really explain. the numbers and little team name on front are boxed in, and the black piping stuff on the white and orange jerseys boxes in the tiger stripes, which are allowed more free range on the black jersey. the same can be said about the white pants. i feel like these are too safe, and i think pushing the envelope with a team like the bengals could be helpful, if only in idea generation. good execution, but im not sold on these at all. you kept the worst part about the current jerseys (side panel coloration) and thats never a good idea. are those orange socks 2 different shades of orange, or is that a shadow on the top?

i hate to say it, but the only thing i feel you got right with this concept was the amount of combos the team needs to feel secure. the design feels boxy to me, in a way i cant really explain. the numbers and little team name on front are boxed in, and the black piping stuff on the white and orange jerseys boxes in the tiger stripes, which are allowed more free range on the black jersey. the same can be said about the white pants. i feel like these are too safe, and i think pushing the envelope with a team like the bengals could be helpful, if only in idea generation. good execution, but im not sold on these at all. you kept the worst part about the current jerseys (side panel coloration) and thats never a good idea. are those orange socks 2 different shades of orange, or is that a shadow on the top?

I understand what you mean and honestly the boxy style was my intention: something compact that integrate the tiger stripes.

Yep, two different shades of orange. I don't like the full monochrome effect with this temp.

I'm not a big fan of the gradients on the black jersey, but I still like the concept. Otherwise, I'd say this concept is pretty tight. Once again, you put out a solid NFL concept. Nice job.

I didn't think it was possible to make something worse than what they have now, but you did it.

The inconsistant side panels.

The grey.

The gradients.

The unnecessary line thingamajig across the numbers.

The tiger stripes that look NOTHING like tiger stripes.

What "grey" are you talking about?

Anyway, it's very creative, but my biggest problem with it is the shape of the stripe on the pants, maybe it would be better if it went straight down. Not sure if I'm feeling the gradients or not, but I could get used to them. Good job.

One of your better ones, 'Nik.

Not sold on the gradients, but that's more a general statement than something specific to just this concept. I get what you were going for, but it's not working for me.

My only other beef is the way "CINCINNATI" stretches across the entire chest. At that width, it looks like a college jersey (Oklahoma, Colorado), but with text that's too small to read. I'd compact it a little and keep it as more of a collar tag.

Otherwise, good stuff.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Beatnik,

I really dig the overall feel to the designs though they push the envelope a touch. The home and away are solid!

I actually like the gradients, as it mirrors the true texture and color change on a tiger's coat. However, I wonder how well it would translate in actual creation.

Also, I would love to see a the current helmet thrown into the mix just to get the overall feel. Is that possible?

Keep up the work.

titans.png

A great improvment. I've never really liked the gradients but, they look great on these. I would love to see a helmet that is not horrid.

MonitorLightningCCSLC.pngMonitorUSFCCSLC.pngMonitorBuccaneersCCSLC.pngMonitorRaysCCSLC.pngMonitorCarlEdwardsCCSLC.png

Two muffins are in an oven when one says to the other, "Man, it's hot in here." The other says, "Holy crap, a talking muffin!!"

Archived