Ralph Wilson Crying Poverty

Bleujayone

The team doesn't own the Ralph. It's owned and operated by Erie County.

Wow. That sucks for Ralph Wilson and the Bills then.

One thing is certain: If push comes to shove and state, county and municipal government don't see there way clear to offering up a subsidy, Los Angeles isn't going to be the only city courting the Bills. You can bet that Ted Rogers and Paul Godfrey will put together a consortium in Toronto that would push a bid to relocate the Bills to the Ontario city. They'll position their bid as an opportunity to move the team to a larger market, while keeping it in close enough proximity to Western New York to still serve the franchise's long-time fans.

...and maybe that Toronto-Rochester ferry can have some usefullness afterall...

I saw, I came, I left.

NFL in 2012

AFC

EAST

Miami

New England

N.Y. Jets

Toronto (former Bills)

NORTH

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

SOUTH

Houston

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Tennessee

WEST

Denver

Kansas City

L.A. Raiders

San Diego

NFC

EAST

Dallas

N.Y. Giants

Philadelphia

Washington

NORTH

Chicago

Detroit

Green Bay

Minnesota

SOUTH

Atlanta

Carolina

San Antonio (former Saints)

Tampa Bay

WEST

Arizona

L.A. Gladiators (former 49ers)

St. Louis

Seattle

This is how I see the NFL alignment by the time the next upcoming TV contract comes up.I have the 49ers,Vikes,Bills,Jags and Bolts staying where they are bcuz those

markets would have a black eye if something happens that would prove otherwise.

The NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE-2015(10 years from now)

AMERICAN CONFERENCE

EAST DIVISION

1).Buffalo Bills 2).Miami Dolphins 3).New England Patriots 4).N.Y. Jets

NORTH DIVISION

1).Balt.Ravens 2).Cincinnati Bengals 3).Cleveland Browns 4).Pittsburgh Steelers

SOUTH DIVISION

1).Houston Texans 2).Indy Colts 3).Jacksonville Jaguars 4).Tennessee Titans

WEST DIVISON

1).Denver Broncos 2).Kansas City Chiefs 3).L.A. Raiders 4).San Diego Chargers

NATIONAL CONFERENCE

EAST DIVISION

1).Dallas Cowboys 2).N.Y. Giants 3).Phil.Eagles 4).Wash. Redskins

NORTH DIVISION

1).Chicago Bears 2).Detroit Lions 3).Green Bay Packers 4).Minnesota Vikings

SOUTH DIVISION

1).Atlanta Falcons 2).Carolina Panthers 3).San Antonio Saints 4).Tampa Bay Bucs

WEST DIVISION

1).Arizona Card's 2).St.Louis Rams 3).San Fran. 49ers 4).Seattle Seahawks

There won't be any expansion till the next TV contract comes up IMO.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

I dont see any team moving inthe near future....5 years or so. Thats how long itll take for the Saints to re-realize that NO isnt a viable city. The Bills will stay put, get their luxury boxes, a new stadium, whatever the city and the state needs to give them to keep them in upstate NY.

NFL in 2012

AFC

EAST

Miami

New England

N.Y. Jets

Toronto (former Bills)

NORTH

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

SOUTH

Houston

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Tennessee

WEST

Denver

Kansas City

L.A. Raiders

San Diego

NFC

EAST

Dallas

N.Y. Giants

Philadelphia

Washington

NORTH

Chicago

Detroit

Green Bay

Minnesota

SOUTH

Atlanta

Carolina

San Antonio (former Saints)

Tampa Bay

WEST

Arizona

St. Louis

Seattle

I can't see the Niners leaving the Bay Area. With the Raiders, however, could be a possibility. The Bills will stay put. The Saints will stay in NOLA. I'd say in the next 20 years, I could imagine Toronto (in the AFC East) and LA (in the NFC West) being the next expansion teams.

OR in the worst possible scenario, with the Argos applying to be members of the NFL...to which I hope that'll never happen. Reason why? It would be a bitter funeral for the CFL if the Argos leave to be a part of the NFL.

I dont see any team moving inthe near future....5 years or so. Thats how long itll take for the Saints to re-realize that NO isnt a viable city. The Bills will stay put, get their luxury boxes, a new stadium, whatever the city and the state needs to give them to keep them in upstate NY.

Except this isn't about luxury boxes or a new stadium (which has undergone major renovations in the not too distant past), it's about the new CBA.

But...When the time comes that the team threatens to move unless it gets more taxpayer money, I'd say let 'em go. As it is, the county can barely make medicare payments and has had to close parks and libraries. Taxpayers pay too much as it is, and teh funds are spread too thin. Why do you think I left?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

NFL in 2012

AFC

WEST

Denver

Kansas City

L.A. Raiders

San Diego

NFC

WEST

Arizona

St. Louis

Seattle

:blink: ?

L.A. has failed with a pair of teams, and there doesn't seem to be a very strong groundswell of support for Los Angelenos for a 3rd chance. And you give them 2 teams? Leaving the Bay Area with zero? The Bay Area is home to 6 Super Bowl titles, and they've supported a lot of crappy football of late to just pull both their teams out. Yet Jacksonville still gets a team.

Please explain.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

But...When the time comes that the team threatens to move unless it gets more taxpayer money, I'd say let 'em go. As it is, the county can barely make medicare payments and has had to close parks and libraries. Taxpayers pay too much as it is, and teh funds are spread too thin. Why do you think I left?

I thought it was because there were more racoons in North Carolina than Buffalo...

I don't know how Wilson can justify being against a system that is actually helping to keep the team in Buffalo and then cry poverty...

I saw, I came, I left.

I thought it was because there were more racoons in North Carolina than Buffalo...

I don't know how Wilson can justify being against a system that is actually helping to keep the team in Buffalo and then cry poverty...

Ah, but according to him, the revised system does less to keep the team there.

And I think there are more raccoons in NY than in NC. The deer are bigger, too.

I repeat.

How much is each team's share of the TV money?

Last year the total TV revenue was $2.2 billion, split evenly. I don't know how much of that the league kept, but split 32 ways that's more tha $68 million.

For the next 6 years, assuming an even split, that number jumps to a $3.1 billion.

What Wilson is argueing, is that under the new CBA, the Bills might not be eligible for their share (don't ask me how it works, I'm barely able to follow along), and that if he sells the team, a new owner would have to move it.

Yeah, the main problem with LA is that most of the people here are still stupid enough to fall to their hands and knees and worship the silver and black, without even stopping to consider the fact that they left us high and dry. If the Raiders would come back, there wouldn't be a problem when it came to fan support, but otherwise, it would be interesting to see if Angelinos can remove their lips from the hindquarters of one Al Davis.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived