Tigers Stadium concept

logodawg

I got the idea for this last night watching the Tigers beatdown the Rangers. As many of you know, Ameriquest Field takes ques from Tiger Stadium as well as others, which got me thinking, what if the Tigers remodeled instead of building Comerica Park?

Well it's still a little rough, because I figured that I should get some feedback before getting really picking about it.

tiger_stadium_blue.jpg

C + C Please!

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I really miss seeing that park on TV.

Problem is I look at the back rows in the lower sections and think, "That must have been a horrible place to go watch a ballgame." I sure hope I'm wrong. Why not just rebuild it minus the beams? Add a few better structural supports and all the amenities a 21st century park can bring but otherwise keep it exactly as it was? Nope, instead Detroit gets Comerica Park.

Sad really.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I really miss seeing that park on TV.

Problem is I look at the back rows in the lower sections and think, "That must have been a horrible place to go watch a ballgame." I sure hope I'm wrong. Why not just rebuild it minus the beams? Add a few better structural supports and all the amenities a 21st century park can bring but otherwise keep it exactly as it was? Nope, instead Detroit gets Comerica Park.

Sad really.

That stadium needed a lot more than new structural supports.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Here's the same, but Tiger Stadium with a nice new shade of green.

tiger_stadium_green_2.jpg

Seeing these pics makes me miss the old girl. :cry:

I was part of one of the last Fantasy Weekend campers to use Tiger Stadium (we got the run off the park. Clubhouse, batting cages, 3 games at night and 5 in the day).

My family had season tickets in the mid to late 70's, and I went to a couple of games in the final season ('99 I believe).

Is that pic current or a few years ago?

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

How on Earth did you make that? It's impressive!

I would like to second that question. Are you using photo of the stadium and messing around with it on Photoshop?

Very impressive man.

Actually it was Fireworks.

The main picture is from ballparksofbaseball.com, I'm going to guess that its from shortly after it closed since all the ads are gone.

Take that over to MVP Mods, www.mvpmods.com

They could really run with it and make it a reality within the MVP Baseball game.

This is Pirate from that site, and I have been tinkering with the idea of "renovating' Tiger stadium for the game. It would have been nice if it could have been saved but the wrecking ball will do it's thing this summer I hear. A darn shame.

That is a neat mock up.

Archived