Druid City Dragons logo

simpsontide

Oh wow...Did you see this?

andersonheatfinal.gif

I don't even think there are logos in the ABA that terrible. Is this league someone's after-school project? Or does it actually exist?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You could do worse than the Dragons logo. The Heat, on the other hand . . .

More importantly, is Tuscaloosa really known as the "Druid City" and if so, why?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You could do worse than the Dragons logo. The Heat, on the other hand . . .

More importantly, is Tuscaloosa really known as the "Druid City" and if so, why?

Here you go.....

In the late 1800s, the city fathers of Tuscaloosa planted oak trees along downtown streets. Just as the City of Birmingham was known as the Magic City because of its amazing growth, the City of Tuscaloosa became known as the Oak City, or, in recognition of the ancient British tribe that worshipped oaks, the Druid City. (You may know the Druids are the folks who are believed to have built Stonehenge in England.) You can see reference to Tuscaloosa as the Druid City in a number of places. The patch for the City of Tuscaloosa Police Department includes a reference to the Druid City. One of the former high schools was named Druid High School, and the Tuscaloosa telephone book lists several businesses that include Druid in the name.

2qluyo7.png

As a whole, the logos for the WBA suck. BUT...they are a step above the ABA, it's like where the graphic artists that make logos for the ABA go when they get their high school diplomas.

I like the fact that they have a team called the Cleveland (TN) Majic, and the team from b'mingham is called Majic City.

I actually went onto the Rome (GA) Gladiators website and checked out their photo gallery...funny thing...they actually have people that show up to the games! Granted, it looks like they play games in a middle school or elementary school gym, but still...anything over 5 fans a game beats the Charlotte Krunk's total 2005-2006 attendance.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

What about the Arkansas ArchAngles? Now that is real "Deliverance"! The only two logos that look like they were actually worked on are the Rome Gladiators and the Dragons. Not to mention the fact that the WBA's logo looks like a dunker showing off his belly button ring?!?!?!

You could do worse than the Dragons logo.  The Heat, on the other hand . . .

Here you go.....

In the late 1800s, the city fathers of Tuscaloosa planted oak trees along downtown streets. Just as the City of Birmingham was known as the Magic City because of its amazing growth, the City of Tuscaloosa became known as the Oak City, or, in recognition of the ancient British tribe that worshipped oaks, the Druid City. (You may know the Druids are the folks who are believed to have built Stonehenge in England.) You can see reference to Tuscaloosa as the Druid City in a number of places. The patch for the City of Tuscaloosa Police Department includes a reference to the Druid City. One of the former high schools was named Druid High School, and the Tuscaloosa telephone book lists several businesses that include Druid in the name.

I was going to mention that I rmember seeing Druid City on the Tuscaloosa Police patches. Lived there for four years and never knew why they called it the Druid City. Then again there is the Druid Historic district near where I used to live in T-town.

blah - yawn :therock:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived