Wyoming Football Pants

Mingjai

Having moved to the Midwest, I rarely see Mountain West football games on TV. Does anyone know if all three of Wyoming's fooball pant sets are still in use. The first two pics are from 2004, and the second two are from 2005. The question is do they still wear white pants? Also, do they continue to use the two different white jerseys (brown vs. gold inset)?

20041224211928.jpeg

apBYU01_WYOMING_BYU_003QY.jpg

apBYU01_BYU_WYOMING_00025.jpg

apBYU01_WYOMING_COLOR_00489.jpg

EDIT: Dang, I just wasted my 100th post on Wyoming

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Wyoming=By far some of the worst uniforms in college sports.  Top 10 worst unis in any sport.

I respectfully disagree. I think they look great.

I love the colors, the helmet, and the logo. I think their identity is near perfect.

buffalo_sig.png

I thought almost everyone liked wyoming because they (and my old high school!) were the only brown and goldies.

...now is where you post the number of teams that are the colors, shoving that absolutist comment down my thoat.

...go!

Western Michigan Broncos, DI-A MAC (Mid American Conference), official colors were Brown and Yellow, but the BLACK creep seems to have turned them in to black and yellow as of late.

Also, Baldwin-Wallace College Yellow Jackets, DIII Ohio Athletic Conference in Berea, Ohio, colors are brown and yellow.

That's all I've got for ya.

fade.gif

eh, may as well ask here...I remember seeing a pic of a Wyoming yellow jersey a few years before they switched to their current vegas gold. however I haven't been able to find anything ot confirm it existed since then...so am I insane or have any of you seen it too?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm one that also likes the unique color scheme--it goes great with the overall Cowboy identity. My favorite Wyoming uniforms were the ones they used in 2001 before they added the clutter.

staleyWyo.jpg

(sorry for the pic, the only one I could find is a BYU one I have on my hard drive)

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I like the combos of both years. No problem here. I also have to agree on the 2005 BYU traditional uniforms. Too bad they couldn't come back with the royal blue of the '80s.

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

Greetings

Anyone else notice that BYU and Colorado State also had the same "vegas gold" on thier unis? Nice trim color... BRUTAL primary jersey color.

What about implimenting some sort of limit on the number of teams in a conference using the "trendy" colors? I.E. if team X decides to add the "color of the week" to thier uniforms, then teams Y and Z can NOT add the "color of the week" until team X ditches the color. (or until the color changes after a year or two) That would limit the number of "trendy" but brutal jerseys that pop up every couple of years.

Better yet, there should be a limit on the number of teams allowed to adopt a certain style as well. For instance, only one team per year (or preferably one team every 1000 years) would be allowed to switch to the new and trendy "nike bib" from a given conference. By the time a second or third team was allowed to change, they would have realized by that point how bad they looked and reconsidered. Exceptions would be made for a team that was returning to a vintage style that had been in use by the school at an earlier time.

Just my 2 cents worth. (1.2 cents after taxes)

Mark

BroncosSig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I worked in the equipment department at Wyoming, and I can at least confirm that for the 2002 season there were three different pant sets. Although one of them was never used. In each players equipment cubby, you could find three pants. Brown, gold, and white. Brown was never used, and I still don't think they have used them yet.

A couple of other interesting stories. My boss who was the equipment manager was on the phone with someone defending the Wyoming uniforms. I gues he had a role in each design. He made a joke saying, "he wasn't drunk when he helped with the designs".

My boss also had a huge collection of old college football helmets. I guess he started collecting every opponets helmet. It's kind of like a museum in the equipment room. On request you can visit the equipment room, and if anybody finds themselves around the area, I would suggest taking a look. He must have well over 100 helmets. He also has a lot of other misc. uniform history stuff. Old jerseys, pants, socks, etc.

2 things-

Notice the Budweiser tattoo on the arm of the Wyoming player pictured. And boy those current Wyoming jerseys are a hurtin'. About 6 different design ideas lumped into one. You gotta a Cincinnati Bengals design fiasco on your hands here...

Fred Gehrke

Archived